US Prepares To Provide A Billion To Ukraine As Detroit Plans Mass Water Shutoffs Over $260 Million

Uncle Kingpin

No Relation
Daps
If you think past events are a completely accurate predictor of the future, you can make a killing the stock market breh. Our debt is a problem if you are only looking at it in nominal dollars where large numbers frighten you. The fact of the matter is that it is an easily correctable issue, so I just don't see it when it comes to the doom and gloom outlooks on our debt situation.

You ask what benefits and then provide an enormous one whose effects extend deep into the lives of every American :russ:

Russia is a declining power. They are basically Saudi Arabia with a reputation for trying to flex on the west. All Europe has to do is diversify its energy sourcing away from Russia and they will literally have no leverage over the west. China, while gaining ground, still has a very long way to go before they can step up and be the top dog on the world stage. That bubble-filled economy bursts and we'll see how strong they really are. The rest of the world is going to follow these bums into rejecting the dollar? For what reason? It definitely won't be risk aversion.
Our debt is a problem when every dollar is printed at interest and can never be paid back. Russia is not declining at all, go to London and see all the nouveau rich russians balling bigger than any rapper could lie about. They have gas and oil, they wont go broke anytime soon. And diversifying energy sourcing is a long term goal, eastern europe would freeze in the short term without Russian gas.

The world no longer wants to be at the whim of the american economy, we almost took down the global economy in 2008 and the other world powers are taking major steps to never allow it again.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its never stopped russia before.

Listen.

Georgia.

Crimea

Next is Moldova.

And what did all these regions have in common, including Moldova? Separatist Russians engaging in illegal activities, right? This is not Putin waking up and randomly selecting ex soviet republics to invade.

The Daily Mail is their tabloids. Do better.

Try the Telegraph and get back to me. The Guardian. All the same complaints.

The rules are different on that stage.

Not good enough of an excuse and I expect better.

What are you even talking about?

Don't play dumb. Anyone who supports the US like that is a sellout.
No one likes war.

But we'll be damned if we get punked because of it.

Then be about that life and enlist. @Type Username Here already has served. Its nice to say something from behind the PC, you never have to pick up an M4.

Who's we? I'm not a neoconservative.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Thats a naive way of thinking.

The world isn't some insular place and the US doesn't get its power from ignoring everything.

Plus, the problems of a single city with a history of repeated failure doesn't mean its entitled to federal stimulus money. Its throwing money away.

yeah but north california got a water drought too :sadcam: they already been warned us a month ago about the water shortage

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would like to know why everyone is mad at Obama and even George Bush for not doing enough stop Russia over some useless breakaway republics. These places are worthless to everyone except those who reside there.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Our debt is a problem when every dollar is printed at interest and can never be paid back. Russia is not declining at all, go to London and see all the nouveau rich russians balling bigger than any rapper could lie about. They have gas and oil, they wont go broke anytime soon. And diversifying energy sourcing is a long term goal, eastern europe would freeze in the short term without Russian gas.

The world no longer wants to be at the whim of the american economy, we almost took down the global economy in 2008 and the other world powers are taking major steps to never allow it again.
Russia is declining though. That's why Crimea is not important enough to blow 1 billion of our money on it. Russia is poor and can't do jack.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Detroit has nothing to do with geopolitcal relevance...which DOES matter.

People just show how stupid they are by pretending that the US should just sit on the sidelines while major events are taking place around the world that affect the man on main street's USA ability to gain access to even the most basic commodities and sustain his way of life.

You implied the US would suffer from petrochemical catastrophe if Ukraine were annexed. My evidence suggests this is not true. You neocons always have another nebulous, unproven "catastrophe" which "might" happen if people don't go along with your kind's nefarious aims. With Bush it was "Saddam's nuclear weapons", with neocons it's always life-or-death ultimatums. Listen, I would like to see Russia stopped too, if only because of the ramifications of their invasion. They may not stop at Eastern Europe and their tyranny cannot be allowed to spread. The Russians were barely stopped last time. I really do want them stopped and they will be, but Detroit cannot be left to languish while foreign countries benefit. That's the American people right there that you say don't matter and that you don't care about.

Uncle Kingpin

No Relation
Daps
Russia is declining though. That's why Crimea is not important enough to blow 1 billion of our money on it. Russia is poor and can't do jack.
Russia is doing better than they were 25 years ago, US cant say the same thing. Regardless, we agree that Crimea isn't worth any financial involvement. The last thing America needs is to be financing another war by proxy.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You implied the US would suffer from petrochemical catastrophe if Ukraine were annexed. My evidence suggests this is not true. You neocons always have another nebulous, unproven "catastrophe" which "might" happen if people don't go along with your kind's nefarious aims. With Bush it was "Saddam's nuclear weapons", with neocons it's always life-or-death ultimatums. Listen, I would like to see Russia stopped too, if only because of the ramifications of their invasion. They may not stop at Eastern Europe and their tyranny cannot be allowed to spread. The Russians were barely stopped last time. I really do want them stopped and they will be, but Detroit cannot be left to languish while foreign countries benefit. That's the American people right there that you say don't matter and that you don't care about.

Because you said this, I can't take shyt else you say seriously.

You want this outcome, but everything you say is in direct opposition to this. :beli:

Do you want it both ways or not? Pick a side already. :stopitslime:

Detroit is gonna do what Detroit is gonna do. No amount of money will force people to invest in their interest in that place. Get the fukk over it. Theres a reason some CITIES, not neighborhoods, but CITIES prosper. Detroits problems go WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY beyond a fukking unpaid water bill.

Thats the difference between you and me. I used to be on some "well why can't the US just be nicer" tip...but nice doesn't get you what you want.

The USA needs to flex VERY hard on Russia to let them know we're not fukking around.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I have no problem with fighting Russian dominance, @Napolean, but not at the expense of Detroit. The Michigan state government would never reject money for Detroit from the Feds. It is in American national interest the city of Detroit succeed.

NO

ITS

NOT.

Detroit is a shell of its former self. Thats all its riding on. fukking fumes of a car thats LONG left the station.

Detroit wants to be what Detroit residents dont even appear to want it to be.

The city may remain but it needs to be downsized and allowed to become what it will be.

Just because it was once a great city doesn't mean it always HAS to be.

Cities are made, they're not bolstered.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Russia is doing better than they were 25 years ago, US cant say the same thing. Regardless, we agree that Crimea isn't worth any financial involvement. The last thing America needs is to be financing another war by proxy.

Crimea is less about the literal gain than it is the symbolic one.

Russia in the last 5 years has annexed parts of the region REALLY successful and is trending towards expanding further.

You can't have it both ways talking about not wanting Russian expansion but then sitting on your hands when the US starts doing shyt like this to prevent it.

No one likes war, but ya'll ain't got no suggestions on how to avoid it or even address whats at stake here.

Ya'll want outcomes but dont wanna work for it.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
And what did all these regions have in common, including Moldova? Separatist Russians engaging in illegal activities, right? This is not Putin waking up and randomly selecting ex soviet republics to invade.

Try the Telegraph and get back to me. The Guardian. All the same complaints.

Not good enough of an excuse and I expect better.

Don't play dumb. Anyone who supports the US like that is a sellout.

Then be about that life and enlist. @Type Username Here already has served. Its nice to say something from behind the PC, you never have to pick up an M4.

Who's we? I'm not a neoconservative.

5E7UiVv.gif
q

Daps
Reppin
NYC

All you have to do is lower the deficit enough so that economic growth outpaces it and the problem solves itself. There is a reason that people that have actually studied economics do not rate government debt as one of the highest priorities that we have to deal with right now. If we were in Japan's shoes, I'd be inclined to agree with you, but you're way off base here.

You're using Russia's opulent class of oligarchs as a barometer of their economic health? Really? :mjlol:

We almost took down the world economy. This is true. This can be solved with a rather simple reform of the financial system in this country. Getting effective regulation done is another story, as banks have too much lobbying power. I hope that this can be fixed, but to say that other world powers are taking steps to make sure this doesn't happen again...I don't think they really have. Foreign investors have continued to purchase our government bonds, so there hasn't been a significant loss in confidence and it seems that the world is still willing to subject itself to the whim of the American economy. China trying to flex in establishing itself in South East Asia isn't a sign of a broader movement in the world in my opinion.

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with you to a point.

I think what he is trying to get at is these are to separate issues. So just because Detroit has issues doesn't mean we still don't need to support Ukraine in this situation. The reason being that the Ukraine issue could be the start of a larger problem that we need to contain.

I do not think we should just let Detroit die. I also don't think Napoleon feels that way as well its just that Detroit needs to get their shyt together before we dump a tone of money on them.

The two are both important for different reasons. I think we can help both and we should. Now the how and how much is over my head.