US owes blacks reparations over slavery: United Nations experts

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
No different than establish your status as a Native American. You have to be a certain amount to get any benefits as a tribe member. If you less than 60% sub-Saharan, then you ain't getting shyt :camby:

And thats reasonable :ehh:

Sean312

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Chicago IL
It will NEVER happen. EVER.

But let's say it did. Depending on how much they were giving I'd take the money and get the fukk out of America ASAP. Real talk I'd be like Nas in Belly out of this bytch because reparations would only exacerbate white supremacy. If you think Police are murdering us now, just IMAGINE how some underpayed, entitled, Cac ass cop is going to feel when he reads that ******s are getting "free" money....

shyt will be like a Klan rally in Stone Mountain 24/7. Trust that.
Get Cho scary azz out then. Give me what I'm owed and I'm building. And getting protection.

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
The number we are owed is exactly 1.5 million for each descendant of slavery.

The US would raise the prices of everything to balance out the wealth I'm sure. A loaf of a bread would be like 100$.

!.5 million is enough money to turn your life situation around if you invest wisely or start your own business, its not enough that you could spend freely and not work again. Moving out the country with that money would be dope. They want us to go back to Africa so thats a start.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps

The US would raise the prices of everything to balance out the wealth I'm sure. A loaf of a bread would be like 100$.

!.5 million is enough money to turn your life situation around if you invest wisely or start your own business, its not enough that you could spend freely and not work again. Moving out the country with that money would be dope. They want us to go back to Africa so thats a start.

Lol, surely you don't think we have not received these funds is because of a simple over sight. This is planned master fukkery. We are where these people want us to be. But try as they may they can't destroy us, and never will . Because we are the natural inhabitants of this planet. And they know it. Which is why they replace history with their own tales of grandeur and push religion onto us. IF we knew the true orgins of modern civilizations so many people would be woke instead of all of this looking down on our race bullshyt that they have promoted for centuries upon centuries.

They keep us dumb and without the one resource they know will promote power and control, which is money, And they do this world wide. We are not stupid as a people. We are denied good education In means to deny us natural progression as a people.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

ha,they claim they do. if they did they would've sent us back after slavery "ended".

they literally cant survive without black people. economically or biologically. check the birth rates in europe :sas1:

but yeah, i'd be on the first plane out this bytch after that check cleared. :pachaha:

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
When they hand out checks you gotta have a family pic and if there's any cacs in it then that's who you get the check from :francis:

US govt on their :birdman: shyt with that money so I won't be expecting anything soon. I'd take tax exemption for the next 10 or 20 years :manny:

That or free college for anyone Black who wants to go. IMO that's much more realistic. These Cacs ain't cutting no checks and I think we all know that

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
I dont agree (hold on a minute militants).

Reparations for slavery is too messy and incoherent at this point, and we are too many generations removed from emancipation. It smacks of trying to bail black folks out because of the poor outcomes that have developed in the 150+ years since, and figuring out who deserves what would be a nightmare. The time for slavery reparations was during the reconstruction era, but like most everything when it comes to black folks America dropped the ball.

But here's where America does owe black people for: Redlining and the suburbanization of America.

The FHA's federal guidelines for underwriting home loans, and investing in neighborhoods was explicitly racist, unconstitutional, anti-American and those policies are tied to the collective wealth appreciation of white america, at the expense off black neighborhoods. This policy is directly responsible for the wealth gap between blacks and whites (average family's wealth is owed to real estate assets), and, consequently, the deterioration of the inner city.

Off the top of my head I believe 2% of FHA home loans went to black neighborhoods between 1930-1964, and 98% went to white families and neighborhoods. We're talking about billions in appropriated funds (adjust that to current dollars). This racist practice continued all the way into the 60s, so there's little problem finding direct ancestors who were harmed, obviously. Like your parents.

That should be the focus. Its an easy argument to make, and it has contemporary relevancy and is steeped in hard, easy to define economics. Slavery reparations is a dead end.

either or is fine to me but I also agree we should focus on the Jim Crow aspect of this. That was our time to build wealth and this country blocked and destroyed it over and over again.