US house overwhelmingly passes bill to ban tiktok in the US

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont see how this legal? I need to research it More.

But how are lawmakers able
To dictate the selling and general business dealings of a company?

And why dont they do it to other corps that price gauge and are generally shytty conglomerates? IE ConEd, Boeing, Koch, etc

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
I wasn't trying to pin this Bill on Biden, although the President that signs a bill into law ultimately takes credit for it. The Restrict Act passed the House with a vote of 352 - 65. That's Bipartisanship. No clean hands.
Biden supports the bill.

His fault for even entertaining signing this bill.
It’s nothing but stupid ass xenophobia Red Scare bullshyt.

“China can’t have our data (and not be forced to hand shyt over to CIA/FBI)…but Facebook sure can!!!”

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
we just watched a foreign entity send a push notification to hundreds of millions of american citizens to tell them to call their representatives to reverse course on a national security matter.. and it was effective.. in doing so they literally showed exactly why it should be banned or sold off to us..

if yall still dont understand why it should be banned or sold off to us, then i dont know what to tell you.

don't forget, you can't use google, fb, ig etc in china.. you can't own businesses or property in china.. yet they can do all these things here.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Chinese government is definitely using any leverage they can to oppose America.

If they have access to the information from TikTok they will 100% weaponize it.

I can't even scroll Twitter or Instagram for longer than 90 seconds, SOHH I won't even try TikTok. I like YT cause it's a longer format. Somebody might can say something useful over the course of 15 min. If the subject is engaging enough you have plenty of documentary length YT vids. 30 min. An hour plus.

I can't really stand one or two minute clips back to back to back for long.

I say that to say. If TikTok went away that wouldn't mean anything to me personally.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Tump will win due to Biden’s handling of Israel/Gaza and the banning of Tik-Tok.
:martin:
Young folks ain’t having that shyt.