US house overwhelmingly passes bill to ban tiktok in the US

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Yeah fukk TikTok and the Chinese spyware company as I type from my iPhone that was made in China as I post this text on a forum that is surely monitored by the CIA.:blessed:

Now the government can FINALLY move on to the housing market crisis, inflation, mental health epidemic, improved gun control, income, stop using our tax money to fund a genocide, right?

RIGHT!?
The irony is they’re only banning TikTok because the white Jews couldn’t get away with their pro-Israel propaganda thanks to TikTok

voiture

Superstar
Daps
Nah, I don't think it's an American thing, but an American tech company thing. Tech money is long and we're seeing it move right now to push out the competition.
Which is good. I live in America so I want American businesses to dominate... especially not a communist country like China

UWasntThere

Superstar
Daps
I am strongly against this bill for republicans it isnt about national security or anything along those lines. Its about stopping young voters from getting liberal and thus voting democrats, their primary goal is this will help trump and their politicians win easier in elections
Everyone at the debate said they'd ban it immediately upon taking office.

Neither party cares about the youth vote. It is what it is.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Wikileaks and other diplomatic leaks revealed that America has access to all our communications via US social media companies. If Chinese companies gain ground, America will lose its global spying advantage.

As an American citizen, wouldn’t you prefer China having access over a government that can arrest you? The Chinese can’t reach over the Pacific. Biden/Congress are afraid of losing full spectrum dominance.
I 100% agree with you that I'd rather China have access to my data and behaviors than the American government. I just think this is Meta and Google flexing over some government conspiracy.

• Haha
Reactions: TEH

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Yeah fukk TikTok and the Chinese spyware company as I type from my iPhone that was made in China as I post this text on a forum that is surely monitored by the CIA.:blessed:

Now the government can FINALLY move on to the housing market crisis, inflation, mental health epidemic, improved gun control, income, stop using our tax money to fund a genocide, right?

RIGHT!?

:dead:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Under the Restrict Act, US VPN users face 20 years in jail and a $1 Million fine for evading US censorship by using a website or app of a foreign adversary.

Biden signing this bill would be the introduction of the Great US Firewall. Yet again the US is becoming more and more like China. We saw in the Twitter Files how the US government squashed dissenting voices on social media, and killed the Hunter Biden story right before the election.

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
Under the Restrict Act, US VPN users face 20 years in jail and a $1 Million fine for evading US censorship by using a website or app of a foreign adversary.

Biden signing this bill would be the introduction of the Great US Firewall. Yet again the US is becoming more and more like China. We saw in the Twitter Files how the US government squashed dissenting voices on social media, and killed the Hunter Biden story right before the election.
It was passed by house republicans

Jalether

Superstar
Daps

RIGHT!?
Facts
:mjlol: