US house overwhelmingly passes bill to ban tiktok in the US

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
we just watched a foreign entity send a push notification to hundreds of millions of american citizens to tell them to call their representatives to reverse course on a national security matter.. and it was effective.. in doing so they literally showed exactly why it should be banned or sold off to us..

if yall still dont understand why it should be banned or sold off to us, then i dont know what to tell you.

don't forget, you can't use google, fb, ig etc in china.. you can't own businesses or property in china.. yet they can do all these things here.

I thought Americans didn’t want to be like the Communist Chinese. Now your Democrats want an American Great Firewall?

Isn’t freedom what makes America great?
:troll:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
we just watched a foreign entity send a push notification to hundreds of millions of american citizens to tell them to call their representatives to reverse course on a national security matter.. and it was effective.. in doing so they literally showed exactly why it should be banned or sold off to us..

if yall still dont understand why it should be banned or sold off to us, then i dont know what to tell you.

don't forget, you can't use google, fb, ig etc in china.. you can't own businesses or property in china.. yet they can do all these things here.
As i’ve gotten older i understand that the avg person can’t fathom what it takes to run a nation and tend to think geopolitics is some moral fairytale lol.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

uber did the same shyt in California.

a company informing it's users about legislation that would affect the company operations isn't problematic at all.

Last edited:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Good. I know they wont ban america social media but i wish theyd at least enforce a 1 hour daily limit on them or something.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
uber did the same shyt in California.

a company informing it's users about legislation that would affects the company operations isn't problematic at all.
you're smarter than this.. this isn't a both sides argument.. this has much larger implications.. one of which you just witnessed.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Dangerous/slippery slope. The damage is done but in the past smartphones should have maybe been for 21 and up lol
I agree. I do believe in moderate use of technology as the potential for information is amazing. But obviously they have gone another direction and society is wacked out due to this.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I agree. I do believe in moderate use of technology as the potential for information is amazing. But obviously they have gone another direction and society is wacked out due to this.

The issue Imo is cultural. With the right Cultural "fuel" the tech would be tools vs detrimental. Ultimately cultural fuel (which you can say is one of the drivers behind personal choice) is what can make "knowledge" good or bad. People will always do stupid shyt but the Cultural guard rails would at least "minimize" the idiots to being outliers if that makes sense.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
you're smarter than this.. this isn't a both sides argument.. this has much larger implications.. one of which you just witnessed.

you missing the fact that all major social media in america will be white owned?

Last edited: