US government censuses for the definition of who is "Black" or "Asian".....

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
If you ask them plenty will tell you.
Presented with a "Middle Eastern or North African" category, 88% of people of MENA descent in the study (who could select one or more categories) chose that option when identifying their race, ethnicity or origin. The results also show that adding "Middle Eastern or North African" to a list of response options dramatically lowered the share of people with MENA origins self-identifying with only the "White" category.

SOURCE: The U.S. census sees Middle Eastern and North African people as white. Many don't

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Also, the number of Hispanics/Latinos that identify as "White" dropped significantly:

In the 2020 Census, the number of Latinos who selected “white” as their race dropped to 20% from 53% in 2010, at the same time more Latinos selected “two or more races” or “other” as their racial category.

SOURCE: Fewer Latinos Identified as White on 2020 Census - KQED

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
For me, I always thought these descriptions for each race were always well-known to most people when it comes to census, applications, etc 🤷🏾‍♂️ I'm surprised this is some shocking revelation to you guys.

I always knew the “Black/African-American” category was always well established as meaning Black Americans (FBAs, ADOS, etc or whatever acronyms you coli nikkas live by) but also included other Black ethnicities such as Jamaicans, Nigerians, Caribbeans, etc, etc 🤷🏾‍♂️ hence why it says Black [insert slash “/”] African-American as a way of alluding to other groups in the Black category that aren't Black Americans (look at the bolded) but rather Black foreign citizens.

Why are people now acting like this wasn't always well known whenever the option is listed on applications, census, etc type forms?

Last edited:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Also, the number of Hispanics/Latinos that identify as "White" dropped significantly:

In the 2020 Census, the number of Latinos who selected “white” as their race dropped to 20% from 53% in 2010, at the same time more Latinos selected “two or more races” or “other” as their racial category.

SOURCE: Fewer Latinos Identified as White on 2020 Census - KQED
About 90% of that had absolutely zero business doing that shyt in the first place:mjlol: