“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Test Screenings have been going on recently. No real spoilers out there, but that movie gets wayyyyy weirder than Get Out. Whether its an awards contender is yet to be determined, but supposedly Peele went wild with this movie.
For some reason Sorry To Bother You pops in my head when you say way weirder.

The Message

Lex with tv sets the minimum
Daps

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Test Screenings have been going on recently. No real spoilers out there, but that movie gets wayyyyy weirder than Get Out. Whether its an awards contender is yet to be determined, but supposedly Peele went wild with this movie.

God I hope not. "Sorry To Bother You" was dope until the twist.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He’s a smart writer. I think if he’s going “weird” it won’t be just for shock values sake...

This. He's a better writer than Boots, who just started. Even if he goes weird I'm sure he has the talent to actually pull it all together.

I was talking to one of my boys the other day....if you would've told me half of Key & Peele would be carrying horror on his back (between "Get Out", the "Twilight Zone" remake, the "Candyman" remake, and now this) I would've thought you were nuts.

Fred.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

i got chills just off these

i need this now :wow:

God I hope not. "Sorry To Bother You" was dope until the twist.

Fred.

Another 5 star review. I've seen 4 different people say 'you guys are not ready for this'. Can Lupita actually get the best actress nom for an early release horror film.

The ratings have been good on letterboxd: "five 5-star, two 4-star and 1 31/2-star ratings.

Read at your own risk *Not spoilers just general reactions*

She loves it and states that it reminds her of The Birds. It is not another Hereditary, Mother!, or Suspiria. It is actually very commercial and way more of a straight up horror-thriller/mystery than Get Out is according to her. I have no idea what that suggests about its Oscar chances, and she states that she never tries to guess that kind of stuff. She does say that the performances are great, Lupita Nyong'o is the best that she

Idk brehs..not the Hitchcock film I was hoping they'd riff on...

We'll see. Seems more commercial as well.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Read at your own risk *Not spoilers just general reactions*

She loves it and states that it reminds her of The Birds. It is not another Hereditary, Mother!, or Suspiria. It is actually very commercial and way more of a straight up horror-thriller/mystery than Get Out is according to her. I have no idea what that suggests about its Oscar chances, and she states that she never tries to guess that kind of stuff. She does say that the performances are great, Lupita Nyong'o is the best that she

Idk brehs..not the Hitchcock film I was hoping they'd riff on...

We'll see. Seems more commercial as well.
Hmm The Birds huh :jbhmm: