“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
See this why I dont really care for reviews

"Us seems merely the sum of the first film's critical effluent and influent, wish-determining the new movie's monody of genre and monotony of tone in the name of a specious homogeneity."

nikka what? :dahell:

Critics always be on self-aggrandizing pompous bullshyt trying to sound smarter that the casual viewer. Like wtf is he talking about?

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
D1pvYSJU4AYUXT_.jpg

She looking mad creepy yet smasable on some Helena Bonham Carter shyt:hubie:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
why? Also that ending was teased a lot in the dialogue.
i started to put it together during the dialogue in the classroom (the little clues before that, I really thought it was a nod to her shadow haunting her), but taken collectively— seeing it, it was still surprising. And it was sad because the whole tethered thing, it’s not like the people above knew about those below, so having your life snatched because of some shyt you have no control over is fukked. I know people are mapping this to the theme of the privileged vs. the poor, but the privileged in this world know the poor exist. But I’ve seen quite a few horror movies that made me more sad at the end than scared :yeshrug:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
i started to put it together during the dialogue in the classroom (the little clues before that, I really thought it was a nod to her shadow haunting her), but taken collectively— seeing it, it was still surprising. And it was sad because the whole tethered thing, it’s not like the people above knew about those below, so having your life snatched because of some shyt you have no control over is fukked. I know people are mapping this to the theme of the privileged vs. the poor, but the privileged in this world know the poor exist. But I’ve seen quite a few horror movies that made me more sad at the end than scared :yeshrug:
It was an extreme way to make the point that we don’t care about the less privileged. When someone breaks into the privilege club, we won’t know it. Idk, I wasn’t saddened by it, I just had a lot of questions

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
My mother and my GFs mother going with us tomorrow.
:mjlol:

Black and Yellow love.
:mjcry:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
what questions were you left with?
How did the son now?

There is obviously shyt about the have vs. have-nots, etc but there was stuff about our consciousness too. Imma watch it again to see what he means

Hands Across America, why that?

What did the rabbits mean?

Also thinking about something else
the 'swerve' was also from the end of the Thriller video