“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
Movie already recouped its budget just off of guaranteed day one's...

full

Last edited:

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
Jordan Peele went from people thinking he was corny and "a black guy who made material for white audiences" to all races checking for him and celebrating his stuff before it even comes out. That turnaround :wow:
nikka didn't like Glover getting all this shine

:wow:

You notice the face turn over the years?

Gambino was a "cornball" on community until ATL and his last album

And peele was unfunny fat dude with a white wife until get out

:ohhh::ohhh::ohhh::ohhh::ohhh:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
My thoughts exactly.

Get Out gave him a lifetime pass in my book. I’ll check for anything he directs

Not me,...
Ain't no lifetime pass.

I see the pander.

I take it people are giving him glen Thurman like props. Till,....people realize his true colors will reveal themselves like thurman's did.

Make hood acceptable parts while trying to hide c00n sellout secrets.

Jd's revenge = hardest hood nikka character played by a fakkit to overcompensate.

nikkaz and flies, nikkaz and flies.

Art Barr

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
A cult classic = a zero to two and a half star to four star genre film. Where it could or could not have been a proven draw.
Yet it provides a rubrick to how to execute.
or not properly execute a movie of that type in the genre.

Evil dead = cult classic
High fidelity = cult classic
Dawn of the dead original = cult classic. A two and a half star movie at overrating. Yet so integral to the evolution of the genre. It is regarded as a four star cult classic movie.
Howard the duck = cult classic

Flash Gordon = cult classic
Grind house = cult classic

Planet terror = cult classic

Blaxploitation movies = cult classics

Spider man II , would be a cult classic. As it is a franchise property based film. Where the property has been relaunched. Yet it was integral to the beginning cred of the genre.
to have legs to make the genre Into what it is critically and as a box office draw at this point. Yet given the outcome of the totality of the original series. The impact of spidey II gets lost and now it would be a cult classic. As it fits into the idea there are cult like fans of the original spidey raimi/sony series.

Art Barr

Evil dead is now full on classic. See that’s the shyt I’m saying. Evil dead is talked about by academics and studied in colleges. Books have been written about it. It’s a horror classic. That shyt isn’t cult anymore. Cult to me is a movie that has a big following but not huge. Like Clue. People love Clue but it’s still niche enough where it’s a cult of people who love it and not the whole damn world

Daps
Or race horror...but he has a cac lead so

He has already stated that the movie is not about race. You can have black people in a movie while the movie is not about race. He appears to be on the elevated horror/suspense/thriller route similar to Hitchcock, and there is not a single person who believes that Hitchcock is just limited to horror.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
He has already stated that the movie is not about race. You can have black people in a movie while the movie is not about race. He appears to be on the elevated horror/suspense/thriller route similar to Hitchcock, and there is not a single person who believes that Hitchcock is just limited to horror.

Bingo. This one feels like it’ll be a suspense or horror flick about relationships. Which if done right can be scary as hell:russ:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Pander one time to black people and we'll love you forever. Y'all can like the dude's movies without all this extra shyt. I ain't seen none of this energy after he made Keanu.

People think they deserve 'like' for just existing.

People only like you if you are a benefit

So Keanu... people didn't need it. It was okay not amazing. So if it never existed I'd be fine with that. I don't mind it either.

Get Out was classic. He said it. It needed to be said. I still watch it when it's on and it holds up. It's brilliant

Do brilliant things, people like you alot

Let the next 2 be terrible. He'll be back to where he was with an asterisk

But let the next 2 be bangers.. he'll achieve a level of like on par with Tetris.

After writing that.. iono if a human can make a product as dope or be as cool as Tetris.. but hopefully I made the point.

Same with gf, family, coworker. I hate that guy at my job who is supposed to be the fixer when you get stuck. But he sucks. Doesn't know shyt. He's nice as hell to me too but I hate him for being stupid. He's not useful to me. If you never wash one dish or buy any groceries and just lay up and eat.. I bet the people in your house who DO pay for shyt and clean up.. I bet they despise your ass. But if you're helpful the people around you prolly like to see you coming.