“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
I'm fairly certain this is going to be good. But the thing I find hilarious in a way is how quick people would be to doubt the genius of Jordan Peele if this basically turns out to be an "average" film with a mostly black cast. Like, black people can't be allowed to make shytty horror movies, when in most cases shytty horror movies are the norm.

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
Checking this first weekend
tenor.gif

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This. He's a better writer than Boots, who just started. Even if he goes weird I'm sure he has the talent to actually pull it all together.

I was talking to one of my boys the other day....if you would've told me half of Key & Peele would be carrying horror on his back (between "Get Out", the "Twilight Zone" remake, the "Candyman" remake, and now this) I would've thought you were nuts.

Fred.
Breh, if you would’ve told me I’d check for Peele anything after their corny ass comedy show, I would’ve put up a few g’s in a bet against you...can’t believe where he is now

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know there has to be some type of twist or bigger meaning to this than a simple horror movie.:manny:

I think this movie is gonna be a metaphor or commentary on black people being their own worse enemy :yeshrug:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I'm not with all this theorizing, but I doubt that scene in the car is the end of the movie. We see how bloody Lupita's shirt gets during the trailer. It's clean in the car. Matter of fact, each family member's doppelganger has a distinct feature that separates them from the original. M'Baku's beard is fuller, the son's face has burn scars, the daughter's hair is permed, Lupita's doesn't have locs. Plus, if that's young Lupita, apparently this happened to her before since we see her doppelganger choking her. Not to mention a family, that just went through some crazy shyt, chilling listening to Luniz like it's just a regular Saturday would be weird. Like I said though, I'm not on that theory shyt:hubie:

More importantly, doe:

Director's say a lot of things, doe:manny:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I'm fairly certain this is going to be good. But the thing I find hilarious in a way is how quick people would be to doubt the genius of Jordan Peele if this basically turns out to be an "average" film with a mostly black cast. Like, black people can't be allowed to make shytty horror movies, when in most cases shytty horror movies are the norm.

The fact he had to come out and say the movie isn't about race is him trying not to get pigeonholed with the same burden Shymalan had after the Sixth Sense where he had to outdo the twist of his first movie.

Like we don't need the new Candyman to be about the dangers of pawging.