“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
“We are our own worst enemies” is something that is specifically used towards black people in America (hell globally now that I think about it).
That talking point is almost never used in reference to upper middle class Blacks, which is what this family in the trailer is. I wouldnt read any deeper into that tagline than what it is, just some surface level commentary about how man is his own worst enemy.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
It doesnt seem like theyre going that way, it just means we (humans, period) are our own worst enemy. I can already hear the complaints about the non-AA Black actors cast as the leads.
I think Lupita and Winston being dark as fukk and BOTH leading a major Hollywood movie is pretty significant in itself.

Oh trust me, it's coming. I guarantee it. :dry:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
That talking point is almost never used in reference to upper middle class Blacks, which is what this family in the trailer is. I wouldnt read any deeper into that tagline than what it is, just some surface level commentary about how man is his own worst enemy.

Upper middle class blacks are some of the prople who use that phrase. My guess this may be a family of c00ns or boujee folks who look down on poorer blacks. The howard sweat shirt and the beach house gave off they were “well to do”. And I remember reading that “Lupita has a past” in this film, so wouldnt be surprised if the other “family” are the incarnation of the black people folks say to “avoid”.

The husband seemed nonchalant when he went out, but noticed Lupita looked shook and told the girl “put on your shoes”. Hence she may know what this is from her “past”.

Lol thats just me going off of what has been presented though.

Daps
It doesnt seem like theyre going that way, it just means we (humans, period) are our own worst enemy. I can already hear the complaints about the non-AA Black actors cast as the leads.
I think Lupita and Winston being dark as fukk and BOTH leading a major Hollywood movie is pretty significant in itself.

And they did a good job casting kids that look like they could be their kids. Far too often they throw the mixed kid in the family.