Update: T-Mobile announces unlimited global data roaming at no extra charge

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
it doesnt suck everywhere

They are pretty good here in bmore...only verizon is better here and they are ALOT more expensive

Damn :leon:

And I thought I was :eat: good getting 20-25 mbps down

This is proof they are improving their network. When Lte launched here in April it was just 1 or 2 bars with 12-18 mps down. But as of about a month now almost everywhere I go in the Tulsa area its full bars and speeds in the high 20s to mid 30s mps.

T Mobile has weak signal penetration.. I live in NYC too and there are spots in the city where I get no signal.. Thats why they have to do all this shyt.. To distract people from the fact that their service sucks ass..

Its about signal frequency t mobile does not have any 700 mhz which better for building penetration. But when the 600 mhz auction happens next year I believe they will buy some spectrum. But people in good t-mo areas are eating very well.

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
Verizon 4GLTE is :ohlawd: everywhere and anywhere!

Last edited:

Black smoke and cac jokes

Your daps are mine
Daps
T-Mobile's prices are :wow: but I don't get service in my own got damn apartment :to: Have to run out to the balcony every time I get a text or call :to:

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
T-Mobile's prices are :wow: but I don't get service in my own got damn apartment :to: Have to run out to the balcony every time I get a text or call :to:
Do you have wi-fi? If you do use wi-fi calling.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
they need to focus on there national network.. att sprint struggling.. ... they can make that jump to rival Verizon

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Im on tmobile and cosign that signal penetration. In basement and in areas with lots of buildings and shyt, barely any service :thumbsdown:. I have to stand in certain spots at my own crib to talk on the phone.

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
Tmobile is flabbynsick where I'm at...at least at my house. Especially now that I'm on 2g until the 11th, dang near unbearable.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I think its time to switch to Tmobile friends...

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/9/4...imited-global-data-roaming-at-no-extra-charge

T-Mobile unveiled the latest part of its Uncarrier initiative today: the carrier is offering unlimited international data and text services at no extra charge starting October 31st. The new international services will be available to existing Simple Choice customers for no additional cost over their current rate plans, and will work in over 100 countries across the world. In addition to the data and texting services, traveling customers will be able to place voice calls at a flat rate of 20 cents per minute while in those countries.

T-Mobile's new plans are significantly different than the industry is accustomed to — most international roaming plans are prohibitively expensive and have limited caps for data and text messaging. T-Mobile notes that 40 percent of traveling Americans turn off data services on their phones when they are abroad to avoid the exorbitant fees. The carrier says that by removing this bill shock, travelers will be more open to using their phones while overseas. CEO John Legere says that the included countries cover "pretty much everywhere people travel, about 95 percent of where people go."

UNLIMITED DATA AND TEXT PLUS DISCOUNTED VOICE CALLING IN OVER 100 COUNTRIES ARE AUTOMATICALLY INCLUDED

The carrier didn't provide a lot of details for the new plan — it didn't really describe the level of service that customers would get while they are in foreign countries. The company is providing options for customers to pay more for faster service while abroad: there will be options for daily, weekly, and two-week packages that provide the "fastest speeds we can deliver" over the standard, included unlimited service. While the company says the included data should be good enough for emails, social network status updates, and even streaming music, it's not particularly fast: just 128 kilobytes per second on average, chief marking officer Mike Sievert told CNET.

In addition to the new, free roaming services, T-Mobile is also launching its new Stateside International Talk & Text feature, which offers discounted calling and text messaging from the United States to all of its participating Simple Choice countries. Calls to mobile phones will be 20 cents per minute, while calls to landlines are unlimited in over 70 of those countries. Texting from the US to any of those countries is unlimited. Simple Choice customers are able to add the new plan to their existing service for $10 per month.

T-Mobile also revealed today that it now has LTE coverage nationwide, covering over 200 million people in 233 metro areas in the US. The carrier has also signed a multi-year partnership with musical artist Shakira to help get its word out there. The agreement will result in "unique content, fan engagement, and exclusive access to her new music" for T-Mobile customers.

T-Mobile has been shaking up the wireless industry for the better part of the year as part of its "Uncarrier" movement. In the spring, it announced that it would be eliminating the traditional carrier contract, and in July it was the first carrier to launch a payment plan for smartphones that lets customers upgrade their devices more often (AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint quickly followed suit with plans of their own). Today's announcement might be the most revolutionary — international roaming charges have been one of the biggest frustrations for traveling customers. T-Mobile's aggressive moves have helped it gain marketshare, but it is still far behind the other three carriers when it comes to user numbers. Whether or not today's announcement will turn the tide further in T-Mobile's favor remains to be seen, but it's sure to make more than a few frequent travelers happy

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Yup, i'll be switching immediately. It sucks because I can't take my Nokia Lumia over, but i'll likely cop either the 925, the HTC One or possibly the Iphone 5s. Hopefully either one of those will hold me over until the next gen Windows Phones are released.