Update: #EndBadGovernanceInNigeria Protest 8/1/24 [Official 9ja 2023 Presidential Elections Thread]

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
He has zero chance of winning in a country like Nigeria. He will just be sowore 2.0

No one has said he will win. Sowore is an activist and never had the youth because he is seen as someone who helped Buhari get into office.

But time will tell. My only point is to encourage folks to watch.

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps

I will just leave this here. Summary of common sentiment on the ground.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Peter Obi doesn't have a chance. The real candidate is Rotimi Amaechi. He's the single reason Nigeria has eradicated piracy and now has a functioning railway system.

I don't know about a functioning railway system chief. Didn't the Abuja-Kaduna railway get hijacked a while ago by bandits? :francis:

Also, not sure about that piracy claim.

Personally I believe Nigeria is far past the point of saving and needs to break up.

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Obi seems like a good guy. Can't expect him to win but I like his energy.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Salute.

I'm not Nigerian, but I feel like a strong Nigeria will benefit us all.

Nigeria should be a black superpower.

I feel the same for Congo.

2 countries I'm rooting for.
What’s your previous username? Corporatetrapper?

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
If Nigeria breaks up - whats next?

A bunch of tiny independent nations like Togo, Benin, Gambia?

The most obvious split is along North-South lines. Leaving the religious fanatics up North to their own devices.

Also, ethnic persecution of religious/ethnic minorities in the north and a massive migration to the south.

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
For those of you interested in international politics, especially African, Peter Obi is attempting the impossible in Nigeria.

He is challenging the status quo by attempting to run a corruption free presidential candidacy for quarter 1 of 2023.

For context, Nigeria has two main parties just like the US, PDP and APC. Like the US, many Nigerians are calling #BothSides and recognizing both parties as corrupt.

Peter Obi is running outside of the main parties and is attempting to proceed in a grassroots fashion based off of youths and Nigerians who are tired of what Nigeria has become.

If Peter Obi is succesful or continues to make significant noise, this will be a quite notable event for Africa and black people in general.

Something I suggest those who have interest keep an eye on.
Obama was bankrolled by Wall St.:wtf:

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
The most obvious split is along North-South lines. Leaving the religious fanatics up North to their own devices.

Also, ethnic persecution of religious/ethnic minorities in the north and a massive migration to the south.
Aren't the national resources in the north??