Update: #EndBadGovernanceInNigeria Protest 8/1/24 [Official 9ja 2023 Presidential Elections Thread]

invalid

Banned
Daps
I've been lurking this thread since it started. I appreciate this because it has encouraged me to take a hard dive into Nigerian politics.

I'll be honest, I'm not convinced yet of Peter Obi. From what I've seen and in talking with my Nigerian friends, they say that he's as corrupt as everyone else. A few months back, I saw video of Obi bragging about making more money than Biden, and it just came off as tone death. To me, it's like how do you think it's a flex to proclaim that you are wealthier than the leader of the wealthiest nation on earth, with the state your country is in? Read the room.

Anyway, I hope the best for Nigeria. I'm not sure the insistence that Nigeria needs younger people in power is the answer. If you look to the US, the young folks in politics are turning out to be just as corrupt and paid off as the older politicians with less experience working across the aisle. I fear that may also happen in Nigeria.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I've been lurking this thread since it started. I appreciate this because it has encouraged me to take a hard dive into Nigerian politics.

I'll be honest, I'm not convinced yet of Peter Obi. From what I've seen and in talking with my Nigerian friends, they say that he's as corrupt as everyone else. A few months back, I saw video of Obi bragging about making more money than Biden, and it just came off as tone death. To me, it's like how do you think it's a flex to proclaim that you are wealthier than the leader of the wealthiest nation on earth, with the state your country is in? Read the room.

Anyway, I hope the best for Nigeria. I'm not sure the insistence that Nigeria needs younger people in power is the answer. If you look to the US, the young folks in politics are turning out to be just as corrupt and paid off as the older politicians with less experience working across the aisle. I fear that may also happen in Nigeria.

Why do you think Peter Obi is corrupt?

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
Like I said before, the day Nigeria rids itself of corruption will be the day they become an international superpower. :wow:

Well. Just know that with about 10 days to the election, and so much evidence out for all to see, keep an eye on the cynics who are not supporting the youth on ground who are trying to turn Nigeria around.

If Nigeria is successful in this "bloodless revolution" they will still be welcome, but still, observe them.

Hydroking23

Gunners for Life!
Daps
Reppin
Michigan Avenue & Aba Road

Very good points. The fact is these guys supporting Obi are just youthful followers riding the wave. Reality will soon set in and these same people will be juelzing in this thrrad. I was in Nigeria when Peter Obi was Governor of Anambra state. He did some decent work during his tenure. But he was probably the 8th best Governor AT BEST during that time period. The Pandora papers exposed most his corrupt deeds.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Very soft piece regarding Buhari.

Muhammadu Buhari is the worst President Nigeria has ever had! Ever!

Any new President will have to secure the nation, jumpstart economic growth, and unite Nigerians.

Buhari has taken a knife and cut the ties which bind us.

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
Very good points. The fact is these guys supporting Obi are just youthful followers riding the wave. Reality will soon set in and these same people will be juelzing in this thrrad. I was in Nigeria when Peter Obi was Governor of Anambra state. He did some decent work during his tenure. But he was probably the 8th best Governor AT BEST during that time period. The Pandora papers exposed most his corrupt deeds.

Followers are "just youthful followers riding the wave."

False. Peter Obi has many followers who are not youthful at all including Pa Adebanjo and President Obasanjo.

What quantitative evidence do you have to measure where Anambra started vs where he left it before you make a broad statement comparing his performance to strawmen?

Pandora Papers:

Peter Obi responded to the claims in the Pandora Papers.

You said that is where most of his corrupt deeds were addressed.

What are the others?

Also, in corruptness, how do you compare him to Tinubu and Atiku?

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

False. Peter Obi has many followers who are not youthful at all including Pa Adebanjo and President Obasanjo.

What quantitative evidence do you have to measure where Anambra started vs where he left it before you make a broad statement comparing his performance to strawmen?

Pandora Papers:

What are the others?

Tinubu the heroin dealer. Atiku who bribed US Congressmen.

Tufiakwa gi

Hydroking23

Gunners for Life!
Daps
Reppin
Michigan Avenue & Aba Road

Pandora Papers:

What are the others?

Once again you show your naivety. Obasanjos endorsement couldn't win a Coucilor seat in Ogun. Where did Obasanjos followership get Atiku in 2019? He ate humble pie by endorsing Atiku HIS MORTAL ENEMY and still lost. :russ: The same goes for Pa Adebanjo.

From 2007- 2015 Obi's work was average compared to the likes of Fashola, Chime, Amaechi, Oshiomhole. Obi couldn't even build roads that lasted.

99% of all Nigerian politicians are corrupt. Obi is no exception. He dined with Atiku as his running mate and hailed Tinubu as his mentor. The sooner you realize he's no savior the better. 9 days your eye go clear :martin: