Update: #EndBadGovernanceInNigeria Protest 8/1/24 [Official 9ja 2023 Presidential Elections Thread]

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hope that dude can fix things, because it sounds like Nigeria is on the verge of becoming a failed State. I just read the other day that the US Government has ordered all family members of embassy staff and all non-emergency staff to depart Nigeria immediately. They have also raised the travel advisory to level 3, which is advising US citizens to reconsider traveling to Nigeria. They listed so many Nigerian States as problem spots for all types of crimes that they might eventually issue a level 4 notice. I also saw that due to currency issues some airlines are no longer flying into Nigeria. So that place is in complete chaos.

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
For those of you interested in international politics, especially African, Peter Obi is attempting the impossible in Nigeria.

He is challenging the status quo by attempting to run a corruption free presidential candidacy for quarter 1 of 2023.

For context, Nigeria has two main parties just like the US, PDP and APC. Like the US, many Nigerians are calling #BothSides and recognizing both parties as corrupt.

Peter Obi is running outside of the main parties and is attempting to proceed in a grassroots fashion based off of youths and Nigerians who are tired of what Nigeria has become.

If Peter Obi is succesful or continues to make significant noise, this will be a quite notable event for Africa and black people in general.

Something I suggest those who have interest keep an eye on.
thanks for the thread breh, bookmarking for future reference - oluwatope