Untold: The Rise and Fall of And1

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
This needed more episodes.

These dudes should have at least got a million dollars a year. Have them show up at events and constantly promote it.

However, there is a lot of context left out of how it ended. It also ended cause they were getting washed at the end. It seemed like they kept losing in every city they went to. The "stars" had gotten old real quick and it didnt help they were drinking and smoking constantly. Still they should have made a mill each for those few years and then had stock %.
They felt that ether from Nike...
I forgot all about that classic freestyle commercial:banderas:
Timeline was off. That was in 2001. And1 still flourished after.

Last edited:

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
That one dude doing all the complaining got that "dusty dude" vibe big time.
Shane was already old and dusty during the show so add 15 years on top of that and yeah.

Overall the doc should've been longer. What they covered was cool but I would've liked another hour just actually covering more about the players. AO, Sik, Escalade, Alimoe, etc. The doc kind of made it seem like it was Sauce, the Professor and the pips.

And the timeline of some of that shyt was way off as someone who grew up on all that And1 stuff. But it was at least better than the ESPN one.

Also like the way they pitched The Professor's season of the show like he was an underdog, had me scratching my head cause I remember him being a star from Day 1 when he got on and was killing every episode. Then Spyda came back the next season cause he was pretty popular too.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Shane was already old and dusty during the show so add 15 years on top of that and yeah.

Overall the doc should've been longer. What they covered was cool but I would've liked another hour just actually covering more about the players. AO, Sik, Escalade, Alimoe, etc. The doc kind of made it seem like it was Sauce, the Professor and the pips.

And the timeline of some of that shyt was way off as someone who grew up on all that And1 stuff. But it was at least better than the ESPN one.

Also like the way they pitched The Professor's season of the show like he was an underdog, had me scratching my head cause I remember him being a star from Day 1 when he got on and was killing every episode. Then Spyda came back the next season cause he was pretty popular too.
This came out in 2000 (covering 99 at the Rucker) and is better than both docs

The Future was in that Nike commercial. Always wondered why he wasnt as locked into And 1 like Main Event and Half Man/Half Amazing.

Again I dont know how they can say that commercial ruined And 1 cause that was way before The Professor.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
This came out in 2000 (covering 99 at the Rucker) and is better than both docs

The Future was in that Nike commercial. Always wondered why he wasnt as locked into And 1 like Main Event and Half Man/Half Amazing.

Again I dont know how they can say that commercial ruined And 1 cause that was way before The Professor.

The timeline for this doc was all over the place and not accurate. Whoever edited this gave no fukks.

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
If this was in the social media age, I know for a fact it would've been a whole different ball game and these players would've lawyered up QUICK to get what they deserved.

on another note, they should've mentioned the Jadakiss and A.I. commercial which And1 was def an influence to

Daps
I did not watch the reality show...I was already off the train by then. Did the show have the dysfunctional clips of them arguing that the doc did?

It really makes you wonder what these networks are sitting on that would have your favorite athletes, politicians and actors looking CRAZY in plain sight

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
They were paid around 6 figures to play exhibition games, do some outreach/marketing, travel the world and have some fun. Yes they should have been paid more but it doesnt seem as if they were totally taken advantage of either. That's not a bad gig

This is how I felt watching it too. Not sure what they expected from a capitalistic organization. They should've unionized or negotiated better. They should've at least been getting a cut of their merch. I noticed Hot Sauce wasn't really trippin. Breh was like :yeshrug:

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
This is how I felt watching it too. Not sure what they expected from a capitalistic organization. They should've unionized or negotiated better. They should've at least been getting a cut of their merch. I noticed Hot Sauce wasn't really trippin. Breh was like :yeshrug:

not only was Hot Sauce the highest paid out of them (not really high regarding his value), i think he saw it as he gained so much RESPECT for his skills and kind of considered a GOAT from And1 giving him that platform. For certain people, that's all that really matters at the end of the day more than money, the RESPECT for how nice you are :hubie:

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
What is he saying here? On one hand its saying they're culture vultures. On the other it's saying that they respected HIM
what i got was "F*ck is you talkin bout, they respected my game" probably in a sense his ego wont let him admit that AND1 did him wrong BUT he saying in the streets, hes official.