Untold: The Rise and Fall of And1

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Man this brought back memories. They bullshytting though, when is the one about the crooked ref?

Probably later this year. But there’s a good podcast that broke down the whole scandal. It’s called Whistleblower, it showed refs been shady for years. They used to scam for plane ticket reimbursements lmao.

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
Felt rushed …and i don't know if it really went down like breh told it did

But if that story about that cac owner not wanting to give dude 20k to put his son on a decent school is true, then he is a scumbag

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Who was it that told that one dude to eat a dikk before they started fighting in the locker room :mjlol:

Also for the money those guys were generating they weren't getting paid shyt...Seems hotsauce was the only one making a 6 figures

Typical cacs keeping 99% of all the money...

Dude talking about how they went on the employee tour bus and they were eating better than the players :mjlol:

Daps
I know And 1 was making a grip off the players, but man, to get paid 50-70k for 3 months of hooping.

Shouldve still been more... i think they said they were making 200 mil a year in revenue... and these dudes were really the ones who got the merch to move, not NBA players. They really had a huge following. That damn streetball show was the biggest show on espn. They deserved more.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Shouldve still been more... i think they said they were making 200 mil a year in revenue... and these dudes were really the ones who got the merch to move, not NBA players. They really had a huge following. That damn streetball show was the biggest show on espn. They deserved more.

Yeah they probably deserved more but I’m sure they mishandled opportunities outside of the tour run. They could’ve flipped their notoriety into some other endeavors in the 9 months they weren’t on tour

And maybe that’s something And 1 should’ve facilitated for them

But I can’t fault those dudes for not having the foresight to capitalize on the success. shyt they prolly thought hooping on the And1 would last a bunch of years

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
haven't watched it yet, Hot Sauce's former manager/trainer is shytting on it. Dude made $130k for a year, not bad.

Those were terrible contracts. They should have had some stock in the company and they should have been getting a percentage of the tour gross. That tour had to be doing way over a million per stop at its peak. And that video game compensation is also laughable. They should have got a royalty on the game sales as well.
I know And 1 was making a grip off the players, but man, to get paid 50-70k for 3 months of hooping.

Those guys did way more than hoop 3 months. They were company spokesmen and promoted And1 clothes and products around the clock 365 days a year.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Just checked their website I had no idea And1 was still in business as a company. They used to sell their stuff out here in Europe but I haven't seen anything from them in years