It’s like every outlet has the same content dropping these days :snoop:

Still gonna watch :unimpressed:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
I think the players were treated pretty well though yes they should have been employees and given benefits and options. At the end of the day they signed the contracts and while they were the heart of the business, they wouldnt have had the ability to tour, create and move merch etc without the company. So yeah either they get options, a cut on merch or more $ etc...but I think it's not accurate to say they weren't treated well given the circumstances

Daps
It was a cool little watch.

Thats the entertainment industry for you. Just another example of the talent getting the short end of the stick.

Got the players eating no name pizza with no toppings :smh:

Of course they gonna take the deal when they starving for an opportunity at a better life.

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
@Stick Up Kid & some other dumb ass argued me up & down when I said Hot Sauce was the most popular AND 1 player. Everyone in this video said Sauce was the most popular & he made it take off

Take off? Are u a blithering idiot… Skip to My Lou is and always been the face of And1…

Im glad the NBA players clowned the shyt out of Hot Sauce on that 30 for 30 doc… called that nikka ketchup and mayo :skip:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Not too surprising. Dude was the main person behind the merch and shoes.

Well it's somewhat surprising even still. If the other guys were remotely intelligent they would have recognized tom importance in real time and would have been training backups in case something happened to him. When one person in an organization is so valuable you need failsafes otherwise a total collapse can happen any time. I'm surprised a company can make that amount of money and still be very stupid at a base level

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I think the players were treated pretty well though yes they should have been employees and given benefits and options. At the end of the day they signed the contracts and while they were the heart of the business, they wouldnt have had the ability to tour, create and move merch etc without the company. So yeah either they get options, a cut on merch or more $ etc...but I think it's not accurate to say they weren't treated well given the circumstances
Pretty well is a stretch. They were paid way below the value they brought. But for guys who had nothing else, they agreed to those contracts when it would’ve been completely different if they went in as a team. Typical divide and conquer. Notice the white dude and hot sauce didn’t complain about money.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it was a cool little doc but i wish they went more in depth about the downfall. dude went to asia, had a mental breakdown, company folded, players felt their pay was unfair...

there's more to it that wasn't being said. how did the climate play a part? im sure the fans after a while found it to be corny, i remember at one point every dude was trying to do street moves in actual games but everyone had that moment of realization like :mjlol: this shyt kinda wack. did the players just age and they couldn't find adequate replacements?

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Pretty well is a stretch. They were paid way below the value they brought. But for guys who had nothing else, they agreed to those contracts when it would’ve been completely different if they went in as a team. Typical divide and conquer. Notice the white dude and hot sauce didn’t complain about money.

They were also signed after the original wave [although perhaps the originals didnt have multi year deals or whatever]. I didnt say they were paid fairly per their value but that they were treated well for the most part. Theres no doubt the company could have afforded to pay them far more but we know how capitalism usually works.

They were paid around 6 figures to play exhibition games, do some outreach/marketing, travel the world and have some fun. Yes they should have been paid more but it doesnt seem as if they were totally taken advantage of either. That's not a bad gig