Unsung..NY Undercover

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Great show and me being a teen back then you know I was into the gear they were rocking and the music they presented every week. To me it fell off hard when Torres was killed. Didn't know till I got older that it was about money. Wish they could have worked it out cause Torres and JC had a damn good chemistry.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I never knew NYU was based off real Chicago Cops actually protecting the HOOD:wow:

...a groundbreaking show for US, bringing in ratings still got BLACKballed, tho:scust:

Just another example how WE don't matter; especially by Hollyweird BloodsucKKKas:what:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One of the GOAT police dramas from the 90s. :ohlawd:

dikk Wolf was on his game with this series.

They touched on a lot of black issues too like house nikkas in fraternities, slum lords doing the black community dirty with horrible conditions and neglect, dog fighting, school beef, White supremists, African immigrants, HIV. I could go on all day.

Low Key damn near half the cast from the Wire appeared in this series first.... do ya Googles on that...

And Don't get me started on the music, this is what made that series GOAT. Always had soul artist perform at the club and then featured hip-hoo throughout the show. That episode with Pharcyde's "Runnin" was my shyt!! They played some real Grimey NY hip-hop too like Method Man, Mobb Deep and Mad Lion. :whew:

The final season was a fukking abomination, killed off Torres and had JC and Moreno hooking up was just tacky. Tommy from "Martin" coming in trying to act all tuff and be a hard-ass was corny too. Damn they ruined a great thing :snoop:

It's the shyt they always do. They tried to whiten up the show......FOX did it with in living color as well.