Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

giphy.gif

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I got the first shard.

Had that game on my list for a looong time and finally felt it was the moment.

Gaddamn is it good :whoo: The difficulty is perfect and the gameplay is very, very well put together (and cool asf). The time constraint is chef's kiss :ohlawd: I'm lowkey playing shook, which is great and probably the expected effect.

At first, I was thinking I could let the cog-grandma die since fukk a cog :pachaha: plus I can craft them

But once they hit me with the "she only got 24 hours to live :mjcry:" I've decided to try to save everyone for this first run :snoop: (plus cogs are actually mad useful)

I'm truly enjoying myself and I'm very immersed in this. A little bit scared that by following the recommended path I won't have time to save everybody but trying to improvise an itinerary seems way to risky for a first run.

Is the melanated cast the reason why this thread is only 2 large pages my coli brethren? :mjpls: For a game of that quality... What a pity

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I got the first shard.

Had that game on my list for a looong time and finally felt it was the moment.

Gaddamn is it good :whoo: The difficulty is perfect and the gameplay is very, very well put together (and cool asf). The time constraint is chef's kiss :ohlawd: I'm lowkey playing shook, which is great and probably the expected effect.

At first, I was thinking I could let the cog-grandma die since fukk a cog :pachaha: plus I can craft them

But once they hit me with the "she only got 24 hours to live :mjcry:" I've decided to try to save everyone for this first run :snoop: (plus cogs are actually mad useful)

I'm truly enjoying myself and I'm very immersed in this. A little bit scared that by following the recommended path I won't have time to save everybody but trying to improvise an itinerary seems way to risky for a first run.

Is the melanated cast the reason why this thread is only 2 large pages my coli brethren? :mjpls: For a game of that quality... What a pity
This forum doesn’t care about games the cacs on resetera and twitter don’t care about :mjpls:

I still feel like this is a top all time indie game. Damn there perfect to the end.

Enjoy breh :cheers:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I got the 2nd shard.

I really like how the game perfects the classic metroidvania formula by allowing alternative paths and orders in which to tackle the zones . Usually, in the typical metroidvania, you can wander around but even when you got the item an area requires, there is a unique path that leads to the area's goal.

Here, for the 2nd dungeon, I ended up arriving to the location by going through a network of tunnels instead of taking the "normal" path. And it worked perfectly fine, maybe even better time-wise.

This openness pairs up so well with the time-constraint mechanic since you can be risk-adverse and progress more slowly, having the pressure of losing friends, or you can take a big risk to win hours on your overall time.

Same thing applies to resource scavenging, which is time consuming but rewarding in more ways than one because you can get some of that Meteor Dust to prolong the life of a useful/nice friend or obtain items that'll allow you to get through encounters more easily.

Also, the level-design is really top-notch :ehh: Even the puzzles, simple concepts applied very well.

I'm all in on the chips personally. Stamina and strength chips in particular, with the Flame Blade I picked up pretty early and the Auto Blaster I crafted from a blueprint I fished out of the water... Combined with my lil dog Kyu :obama: I'm doing damage.

Great fukking game.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This forum doesn’t care about games the cacs on resetera and twitter don’t care about :mjpls:

I still feel like this is a top all time indie game. Damn there perfect to the end.

Enjoy breh :cheers:

This game got plenty of hype on ResetEra, it's where I learned about the game.

Anyway, GOTY for me that year.