Unpopular Video Game Opinions vol. 3000

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I have no real hype for GTA6 and im only truly excited for it because of what it means for console sales

GTA Formula has been stale since liberty city imo :yeshrug:

I’ll even take it a step further and say if Rockstar games disappeared tomorrow i wouldn’t miss them
Of course you'd care more about stan wars and talking points rather than games themselves. You and some others on here as well.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
  • :russ: Ninja Theory is a mid ass studio.
  • Most gamers won’t support old franchises. They desperately want to return. If said franchise returns with a new game.
  • Most gamers really don’t care about crunch or company layoffs.
  • Days Gone was a boring ass game that doesn’t deserve a sequel.
  • Remakes shouldn’t be considered GOTY at the game awards.
  • Most people are lying when they say “I don’t care about reviews or the game awards.”
  • Hiring Hollywood actors as face models can sometimes ruin immersion.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
  • :russ: Ninja Theory is a mid ass studio.
  • Most gamers won’t support old franchises. They desperately want to return. If said franchise returns with a new game.
  • Most gamers really don’t care about crunch or company layoffs.
  • Days Gone was a boring ass game that doesn’t deserve a sequel.
  • Remakes shouldn’t be considered GOTY at the game awards.
  • Most people are lying when they say “I don’t care about reviews or the game awards.”
  • Hiring Hollywood actors as face models can sometimes ruin immersion.

100% agree, none of that is a hot take and its what i’ve been saying on here for years. People just don’t like hearing it

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The actual gameplay of Nier is mid, but its saved by soundtrack and world building. Combat wise it might be one of Platinum's worst game

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The actual gameplay of Nier is mid, but its saved by soundtrack and world building. Combat wise it might be one of Platinum's worst game

I wouldn’t say worst (astral chain exists) but its aesthetics, music and story are what push it over the edge. I Enjoy SB’s combat way more, but everything else pales in comparison

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:mjcry:Platinum Games definitely lost their luster. Even Bayo 3 was mid but minus the shytty Kora, TMNT, and Star Fox game. Madworld-Astral Chain was a good run. :mjlol: And Scalebound always looked ass and this coming from an Kamiya fan.

Last edited:

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
I will also add that i think overall Platinum is a mid developer who without yoko taro have done nothing of note but support on other games.

Weebs overrate their basic ass hack n slash combat
Damn, didn't expect this talk about Platinum :wow:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I don't pick either Yen or Triss in the witcher. I can't stand Yen and triss.... Well :francis:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
2XKO isn’t in alpha it’s damn near ready to gold.

SNK is literally cruising by name only and the support of Brazilians. Fatal Fury doesn’t look that good people are accepting the late ps3 era graphics because they love SNK.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
I will also add that i think overall Platinum is a mid developer who without yoko taro have done nothing of note but support on other games.

Weebs overrate their basic ass hack n slash combat
The original Bayonetta was Top Tier in terms of action games. The amount of combo variation was insane. The Kilgore Glitch was legendary.

My unpopular opinion is that Sony is slowly but surely killing PlayStation. The amount of stupid decisions they've made this generation alone, confirm that.