Unpopular Video Game Opinions vol. 3000

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Cancelled all post game support. My point stands.
Its not really a point though.

Suicide Squad is a factual bomb and its still rolling out DLC so a few dozen people can buy costumes. That's not an indicator of success. There's no substantial post game for Baldurs Gate 3 - we all know that's not a failure. Its not a yes/no.

ME:A on cruise control was by all accounts raking in money years after the fact despite it getting railed. That team later got rolled into Anthem's development. I'm not saying leaning one way or the other about it all, but ME monetizing add-on online co-op with some mobile sprinkled on top has always been money in the bank.

Do I think ME:A is garbage? Absolutely. That's got nothing to do with it making money at launch and post-launch with minimal support - which is honestly what every company/publisher loves to see :manny:

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
  • Stop complaining about microtransactions; year after year people are spending billions on it. Expand the type of games you play, player older games or retire. It's not going anywhere.
  • Most people are trash at video games and that paints all their opinions. Which means most people's opinion are invalid. Ex. Elden Ring is one of the best reviewed games ever and people still bytch about it being too easy. It's not for me and I have zero complaints about the game.
  • Back to microtransactions; most people DO spend money on microtransactions, but, hit a wall and salty they can't keep up. Ex. Them cheesy COD blueprints and cheese/cheating skins get patched or replaced with something new.
  • Gaming is not a need. You holy rollers will get nowhere trying to moralize a hobby.
  • YouTubers create rage by refusing to just cover games they like and refuse to educate their fanbase about the reality of the gaming. Ex. Agent00 is 100% a NBA 2K YouTuber. he finally had enough and quit NBA 2K all together. Instead of making yearly "2K is trash" videos. He told his fans why the microtransactions were getting out of control and then he moved on. He didn't even try to drop on the NBA 2K YouTube boom during the pandemic.

+rep

I was watching Agent's videos for years and I remember when he quit NBA 2K full time, people though he was bullshytting as many of the NBA 2K players usually do, but he stayed true to his word and never return to the franchise. If only the NBA 2K youtubers/streamers had that type of strong will. :francis:

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Not every hack and slash has to be souls like :mjgrin:
The gaming industry
giphy.gif

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: GTA6 will not meet the high expectations we all have in our heads. Not saying that the game will be trash. But I bet after the honeymoon phase of this game is over. Bruhs gonna be saying “we waited 12 years for that” lol watch.

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: GTA6 will not meet the high expectations we all have in our heads. Not saying that the game will be trash. But I bet after the honeymoon phase of this game is over. Bruhs gonna be saying “we waited 12 years for this” lol watch.

unpopular opinion but beyond graphics and fukkery what does GTA post ps2 even offer that another series does :mjpls:

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug:A detailed and alive open world. Name another open world crime game franchise. That does it better than GTA. Mafia? Saints Row? Watch Dogs? Driver?

Man fukk that game! My brother and I bought every gaming magazine just so we could read about that shyt, in anticipation. Finally dropped and we rented it on a Friday night, ready to live out our bullitt/gone in 60 seconds/vanishing point fantasies across the streets of digital San Francisco. Didn’t pass the bytch ass parking garage “tutorial” level until mid Saturday and had to return it Sunday morning smh.

:mjcry:
… the pointless rolling, lost hubcaps after a 7 mph traffic turn made it worth it though.

Last edited:

Superstar
Daps
:manny:
I thought “rise of the Ronin” was nursery diaper disposal trash. Not objectively though. I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more if “Ghost of Tsushima” didn’t come out first.

I copped day 1, but I wish I could digitally gift my copy to a breh who really wants to play it.

I also couldn’t get into “Control”. I couldn’t put down Alan Wake II though.

fukk Resident Evil 4,5, & 6. I’ve played and beat them all, including the 4 remake. OG 1,2,3, 0, CV, 7, and 8 still feel better. RE2: Remake is still the goat though.

Halo’s lore is better than the actual game.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Man fukk that game! My brother and I bought every gaming magazine just so we could read about that shyt, in anticipation. Finally dropped and we rented it on a Friday night, ready to live out our bullitt/gone in 60 seconds/vanishing point fantasies across the streets of digital San Francisco. Didn’t pass the bytch ass parking garage “tutorial” level until mid Saturday and had to return it Sunday morning smh.

:mjcry:
… the pointless rolling, lost hubcaps after a 7 mph traffic turn made it worth it though.
:yeshrug:I never like Driver but I do miss GTA clones.