Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe coming in 2017 (Cruise, Depp, Russell Crowe, Jolie?)

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah make a black guy Van Helsing.
breh i thought of that to at first to but tom cruise is probably going to be the Van Helsing type of character, in this universe the skilled human, monster killer/slayer/hunter hell he will probably be Van Helsing great great great grandson or some shyt like that. what is left for a black men to play? beside the wolfman . the Creature from the Black Lagoon, phantom of the opera we already know their not going to cast a black man as Dracula to big of a character, even if Idris Elba would swag the fukk out as Dracula. the wolf man is really the only realist choice left for a black actor

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
word? unsure breh.

Well she's playing the titular Mummy in The Mummy

breh i thought of that to at first to but tom cruise is probably going to be the Van Helsing type of character, in this universe the skilled human, monster killer/slayer/hunter hell he will probably be Van Helsing great great great grandson or some shyt like that. what is left for a black men to play? beside the wolfman . the Creature from the Black Lagoon, phantom of the opera we already know their not going to cast a black man as Dracula to big of a character, even if Idris Elba swag the fukk out as Dracula. the wolf man is really the realist choice left for a black actor

Well I'd rather a black man not be in it if he's just playing a monster lol. Don't put us in something just to put us in. If Lugosi refused to be under all that makeup, we shouldn't settle for less

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well I'd rather a black man not be in it if he's just playing a monster lol. Don't put us in something just to put us in. If Lugosi refused to be under all that makeup, we shouldn't settle for less
you do have a very valiant point on how black people should be seen on the big screen. But in this "Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe" i think every character is going to be reimagined and update to fit in the modern world why does the updated wolfman have to be just a mindless monster with know free will of his on . Why can't he be a finder and ceo of a med level tech startups company worth 150 million that get mauled by pack wolves because his private jet crashed with some of his best friends in the european wilderness but is saved and cursed bythe wolfmen transformation. But it is a mystery and miracle how he severed to the outside world. some people even speculate that he cannibalized his friends to save himself. But anyway he goes back to living his regular jet-setting, playboy lifestyle and running his company. Because he is rich he is able to find a way to control his wolfman transformation and not be mindless when he is transformed with help of a mystical artifact or injected drugs, pick one which ever one sound better to you. He could be a Tony Stark/Oliver Queen/ Bruce Wayne type of character in the "Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe". He could be tracked and hunted by the wolf pack from european wilderness in his normal life to join the pack or die. I don't think every "monster" is going be a heel just because they are "monsters" . But on second thought your probably right he would just be a homeless guy that blackout at night and goes on random killing spree's that he can't remember.

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Javier Bardem In Talks To Star In Frankenstein
qxfnY31.jpg

Variety doesn't say whether he is playing Dr. Frankenstein or Frankenstein's Monster though.

As if it wasn't obvious :beli: