Unintentional comedy in Menace to society

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
I always crack up when Sam Jack pulls the gun on the guy infront of him at the table at the beginning of the movie. if you notice when he pulls the gun, the next camera shot you see the guy sitting next to him get all nervous and it only lasts a second but his facial expression makes me laugh for some reason.
Actually this is a very poignant shot from the film that sticks out every time I watch it. I've never listened to a director's commentary if there is one, but I'm sure dude getting really frightened is a point on how at that time it wasn't rampant to pull guns on folks unless you were definitely going to use it. It almost is meant to contrast a time where later in the film having a weapon seems almost normal. I could be wrong and I may even be naive but the Hughes Brothers were known for having little subtle trivia like that in their films. It helped them to stand out.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
that movie :whew: game changing movie right there...I declare it a masterpiece and one of the finest black movies ever

Its the finest black movie ever if you black and black crime without a message. Boys in da Hood is much better, IMO.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Its the finest black movie ever if you black and black crime without a message. Boys in da Hood is much better, IMO.

Agree to disagree homie because I think menace II Society had the much bleaker, hard hitting messages about black on black crime and degenerative lifestyles

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
O-Dog was Chief Keef before Chief Keef.

That shyt really fukks with you because there was no happy ending, everything basically went to hell and throughout the movie when you thought something was about to go good, it also went to hell...seeing that shyt as a kid really changed my life

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
That shyt really fukks with you because there was no happy ending, everything basically went to hell and throughout the movie when you thought something was about to go good, it also went to hell...seeing that shyt as a kid really changed my life

yeah, but the thing was, that it indirectly created another generation of pessimistic black folk in it. I mean, people thought that O-Dog was that nikka and was cool to act like a wild animal. Even some of the motivational speeches in M2S was :wtf: outside of Caine's grandparents. The unintentional comedy was when Stacy told Shareef that he don't listen to black power tapes in his ride.