underrated games you think everyone should try

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I got another one. The Banner Saga...if you like turned base strategy/tactical games, this is very high up on the list. Not only are the graphics/art direction the best in the industry (hand drawn to look like early 60's disney animation) but the combination of two game mechanics also work really well with each other. Inbetween the battles the game plays like Oregon trail where you have to make deicions on how to feed your caravan, how to solve disputes, and to avoid people killing each other or leaving. It's like oregon trailer meets a base building sim, and the battles get super intense and can change dramatically depending on who's currently apart of your party. When you say choice matters, this game really drives it home with very important central characters being able to killed off.

22527906.jpg

bannersaga-caravan-100535447-large.idge.png

31-1017.jpg

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Most underrated game I've seen lately?

Star Renegades

Think its on ps4 and switch now as well. After Hades, its probably the best Indie of the year.

Othercide is really good too. Its just kinda fukked up :merchant:

I bought it on, but they released it on game pass last month, jumping I to it after cyberpunk

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Absolver is a fun fighting game with some decent game mechanics

abs3.gif

giphy.gif

D7EF23811711A68FE63BBEE5B781A57EDD168E9E

Lol i bought this the day it came out. I really wish they could have properly scaled it because i loved the idea and combat mechanics but there wasn’t really much to do in it

It honestly would have been better as a single player game

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Lol i bought this the day it came out. I really wish they could have properly scaled it because i loved the idea and combat mechanics but there wasn’t really much to do in it

Why do you think that? I thought the point of the game was infinite martial arts and ranking up online. The whole point of this game is PvP and becoming a better fighter, defeating your opponent in both mind and gameplay and perfecting your combat deck.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Why do you think that? I thought the point of the game was infinite martial arts and ranking up online. The whole point of this game is PvP and becoming a better fighter, defeating your opponent in both mind and gameplay and perfecting your combat deck.

Because the pvp to me while fun wasn’t enough to keep it interesting especially with the open world aspect. I think a co-op campaign with a versus type thing added one would have been way more interesting. I had the most fun going through the tutorial and kind of discovering new locations and NPC’s to fight. It felt like a martial arts soulsborne game for a bit.

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Because the pvp to me while fun wasn’t enough to keep it interesting especially with the open world aspect. I think a co-op campaign with a versus type thing added one would have been way more interesting. I had the most fun going through the tutorial and kind of discovering new locations and NPC’s to fight. It felt like a martial arts soulsborne game for a bit.

You're right. I wish there was more content, more areas should have been added over time. They added co-op dungeons in the Downfall update.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Mutant year zero was highly fun also. It’s a turn based stealth/shooter game but it’s really more of a puzzle game. You never get powerful enough to rush head first into battle you have to tactically pick off enemies with all three of your character before anyone can hear you. You get upgrades and new weapons and drops. The story isn’t mind blowing but it’s pretty unique and has a nice twist to it.

So it’s basically open world strategy x-com.

maxresdefault.jpg

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

agreed