Uncle Drew Playin With The Nephews By The 7/11: Official 2017-18 Boston Celtics Season Thread

How Far Do The Celtics Go This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like the progression of Jaylen's offensive game. He's doing a better job of using his body to create space instead of just trying to blow by every defender. Last year he would try to blow by little guys, now he's putting them on his hip and backing them down. Some fans are eager to trade our young guys to get an established all-star, but I think Tatum has a chance to be an all-star, and Jaylen is a borderline all-star. Both those guys need to work on their pick-n-roll offense in the offseason though.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I like the progression of Jaylen's offensive game. He's doing a better job of using his body to create space instead of just trying to blow by every defender. Last year he would try to blow by little guys, now he's putting them on his hip and backing them down. Some fans are eager to trade our young guys to get an established all-star, but I think Tatum has a chance to be an all-star, and Jaylen is a borderline all-star. Both those guys need to work on their pick-n-roll offense in the offseason though.

Both Jaylen and Jayson are definite all stars in the future in my opinion

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
“His [Jayson Tatum's]game is really well flushed out,” Bryant said. “Great midrange game. He can post up. He can finish at the rim. He handles the ball very well. He can shoot the long ball. I think there’s still little itty-bitty things that he’ll need to develop as his game progresses. Defenses tend to double him more to catch up to him.

By and large, I love what I’m seeing from him, especially on the defensive end. Most young players coming nowadays just want to do the cute stuff. He seems to be the kind of player that doesn’t mind getting dirty and being physical and playing hard at both ends of the floor.

“Jaylen Brown is like that, too,”
Bryant added. “I think very highly of Jaylen Brown, too.”

Mamba speaks :celticsobamawhew:

Kobe Bryant likes what he sees in Celtics’ Jayson Tatum - The Boston Globe

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
About a month ago Jalen Rose was talking about how we need to trade a few young guys for an established all star. :dahell: We haven't seen all our guys play healthy together for an extended time. Our young guys keep improving and getting experience, they are signed to rookie deals, and they still haven't matured strength wise yet. Danny better not trade the youngsters.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
About a month ago Jalen Rose was talking about how we need to trade a few young guys for an established all star. :dahell: We haven't seen all our guys play healthy together for an extended time. Our young guys keep improving and getting experience, they are signed to rookie deals, and they still haven't matured strength wise yet. Danny better not trade the youngsters.

This is exactly what I don't get. 2 promising young players who have definite all star talent, and people are thinking of trading them? :gucci:

Tatum, Brown, and Rozier look like a young nice core. What the Celtics need badly is a Center, and they can contend for championships. Media too caught up in that "win now" garbage. The Celtics Big 3 with Paul, Ray, and KG was a unique situation, every team shouldn't have to go for that