Uncle Drew Playin With The Nephews By The 7/11: Official 2017-18 Boston Celtics Season Thread

How Far Do The Celtics Go This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Serious question.

Has there been anyone in the Stevens era that's left and played at the same level or better? :jbhmm:

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You think we can get Evans for Larkin, Nader, and a late first or second round pick?:troll:

We can go 10 deep and tell Marcus to just play defense and not shoot the ball unless it's a layup. And if Hayward comes back:banderas:, we can just run and physically wear teams out.

Baynes/Monroe/Theis
Horford/Morris/Semi
Tatum/Tyreke/Hayward?
Brown/Smart
Irving/Rozier

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
2018 first round draft pick from L.A. Lakers
L.A. Lakers' 2018 1st round pick to Philadelphia (via Phoenix) or to Boston (via Phoenix to Philadelphia) protected for selections 1 and 6-30; if this pick falls on any of its protected selections and is therefore retained by Philadelphia, then Boston will instead receive the more favorable of Philadelphia's 2019 1st round pick protected for selection 1 and Sacramento's 2019 1st round pick protected for selection 1 (via Philadelphia) and Philadelphia will receive the less favorable or the protected of these two picks [L.A. Lakers-Phoenix, 7/11/2012; Milwaukee-Philadelphia-Phoenix, 2/19/2015; Philadelphia-Sacramento, 7/9/2015; Boston-Philadelphia, 6/19/2017]; the 2019 pick conveyance is included in "2019 first round draft pick from Philadelphia or Sacramento" on Boston Incoming
:dwillhuh:

someone put this in laymans terms for me

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
"I think the biggest surprise was myself," said Irving. "I think that's the biggest thing. I'll probably harp on myself more than I will on our team effort. Even our young guys coming in, they still gave the effort that we needed. As a one of the veterans on this team, I just got to be better. This one is just mainly on me, kind of just taking responsibility and trying to be better as we go forward."

Irving returns, takes blame for loss to Raptors

Last edited:

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Smart will turn 24 in a month, and while the Celtics certainly aren’t pleased with his decision making — punching a picture frame in anger and missing now two weeks of action and almost certainly a month of games — he’s not seen as a bad person. Team sources have said that, even though one could construct a pattern (punching a dressing room wall in Washington last year), they still believe Smart will grow and mature emotionally.

And his value still will be there at the end of the season. If the marketplace isn’t great, Smart could stay here for a deal in the $8-9 million range (sort of the Jae Crowder contract with the 2016 rise in the salary cap factored in). He also could play for the $6,053,719 qualifying offer and become an unrestricted free agent in 2019. The Celts could match any offer he gets from another club, or they could use him in a sign-and-trade deal.

Bulpett: If Celtics deal Marcus Smart, it will be for a significant package