Uncle Drew Playin With The Nephews By The 7/11: Official 2017-18 Boston Celtics Season Thread

How Far Do The Celtics Go This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Is it me or do Baynes and Horford work well together as a big-man pairing?

Not saying we're a top rebounding team :whoa: but it appears as if rebounding/rim protection hasn't been as big of an issue as it was last season.

But then again, it's still early in the new season :ld:

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Is it me or do Baynes and Horford work well together as a big-man pairing?

Not saying we're a top rebounding team :whoa: but it appears as if rebounding/rim protection hasn't been as big of an issue as it was last season.

But then again, it's still early in the new season :ld:

Baynes is bringing some toughness inside. Morris is gonna bring the same attitude.

If we keep the same starting lineup and have Morris, Smart, Rozier, and Theis coming off the bench, i would say that's a better bench than last year.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
I'd be a little concerned I'm boston.Are they really going to spend more money in FA when they already have two huge contracts(Hayward,Horford),and know they'll have to break the bank for Kyrie ?.....Will Kyrie re-sign with boston ?.....I can see him going to NY in 2019.......The celtics should make a move for a big man.But are they willing to pay the price ? (Adding another Big contract)

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
Of the Celtics who have played at least 15 minutes in each of Boston’s first four games, only Kyrie Irving has a higher usage rate than Brown and Tatum. Both are shooting well from 3 (36.4 percent for Brown, 45.5 percent for Tatum) and from the field (an uncanny 47.6 percent for both). Tatum, specifically, has already begun to show his value on the boards, where he has the team’s second-best offensive rebounding rate among qualifying players behind big man Aron Baynes.

While Tatum’s biggest appeal is the polished offensive game that he has already shown off in the midrange, Brown has made large strides this season by showing the ability to develop his offensive game and naturally defend all five positions.

The Young Celtics Are Stepping Up

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
On Thursday, the Celtics (2-2 after their 110-89 clobbering of New York) will be on the road for a rematch with the Bucks (3-1), who beat them 108-100 in Boston’s home opener last week. Brown (18.8 points) and Tatum (14.8) rank No. 2 and 3, respectively, in points and minutes, while helping to fill in for All-Star Gordon Hayward, who appears to be out for the season after suffering a gruesome ankle on opening night in Cleveland.

“We’re in a situation right now where we’re going to expect a lot out of those guys and we need them to be great, we need them to be able to respond to adversity, and we need to be able to respond to pats on the back just the same,”
Stevens said. “We have high expectations for them; they should have high expectations for themselves, and they’re getting a great opportunity. So, we need them to continue to be good, and there’s a lot of fun in that, I think.”

Early adversity forcing young Boston Celtics to rise to occasion | NBA.com

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
Horford really should be in the DPOY conversation if he sustains this level of defense

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
My god.. I mean nothing against IT I loved watching him these past couple seasons but with Kyrie, Brown, Tatum, even Horford, this is the most entertaining Boston team to watch in a minute. If Hayward didn't go down they would have cruised in the East. Cleveland ain't much this year. :manny:

Get well soon Gordon :sadcam: