UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End [The Await Is Over: King Drake sliding into our hearts]

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tomb Raider allows you to go back to any point in the game. The last of us is linear.
Tomb Raider allowing you to go back to old locations for w/e reasons didn't make it a better game though. :manny: Idk what's with this sort of negative connotation "linear" has these days.

Even Nas like linear games: "It's always forward I'm moving, never backwards stupid here's another classic." :wow:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Tomb Raider allowing you to go back to old locations for w/e reasons didn't make it a better game though.
I agree. Open vs linear does not automatically mean better or worse. The gentleman commenting on my posts doesn't seem to understand that.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Tomb Raider allows you to go back to any point in the game. The last of us is linear.
So? That doesn't mean the game isn't linear.

Why you in here trying to promote tomb raider? This game looks like a more expansive last of us, you acting like they designed this game around a 3 month old game

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Tomb Raider allowing you to go back to old locations for w/e reasons didn't make it a better game though. :manny: Idk what's with this sort of negative connotation "linear" has these days.

Even Nas like linear games: "It's always forward I'm moving, never backwards stupid here's another classic." :wow:
Some people like their particular game so much they will blindy defend it against anything that even remotely sounds like a criticism against it.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Some people like their particular game so much they will blindy defend it against anything that even remotely sounds like a criticism against it.
idk, i never understood the critique for something being "linear". I grew up playing Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, 3d platformers etc so I'm familiar with that but I just played games and whatever was fun was what it was. As long as the experience is fun as hell and looks great, that's all that matters then(to me at least.)

I never heard of this "linear" shyt until I started reading forums online. I never played Uncharted and thought "Damn I want to go back to the borneo jungle and look around." The game is made in a way that makes you want to move forward. It's like imagine someone critiquing Super Mario because they felt like Super Metroid was better due to that maze like level design.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
So? That doesn't mean the game isn't linear.

Why you in here trying to promote tomb raider? This game looks like a more expensive last of us, you acting like they designed this game around a 3 month old game
Breh no disrespect, and not trying to be cocky, but you don't know who you're talking to right now.
I made this thread out of my excitement for the game, not as some lame troll attempt. I already explained to you that you took my joke with @Fatboi1 out of context.
It sounds like you are very confused on what a linear vs semi open vs open world game is. Uncharted and The last of Us are 100% linear games. Tomb Raider is a semi leaning towards open world game. This does not mean open is better. Its just facts.
And ROTR is a very good game. It has its flaws, but it's good.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
idk, i never understood the critique for something being "linear". I grew up playing Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, 3d platformers etc so I'm familiar with that but I just played games and whatever was fun was what it was. As long as the experience is fun as hell and looks great, that's all that matters then(to me at least.)

I never heard of this "linear" shyt until I started reading forums online. I never played Uncharted and thought "Damn I want to go back to the borneo jungle and look around." The game is made in a way that makes you want to move forward. It's like imagine someone critiquing Super Mario because they felt like Super Metroid was better due to that maze like level design.
I don't know. People still put a lot of weight on categories. I guess they feel open world takes more work so that means it should be better. But I agree with you. It really doesn't matter in terms of overall experience. Alot of these open world games are a bunch of filler missions and absurd lengths of travel to mask what would have otherwise been a very linear experience.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
It sounds like you are very confused on what a linear vs semi open vs open world game is. Uncharted and The last of Us are 100% linear games. Tomb Raider is a semi leaning towards open world game. This does not mean open is better. Its just facts.
And ROTR is a very good game. It has its flaws, but it's good.
I'm not confused on what a linear game is breh. I know tomb raider is more open than uncharted, I never argued against that fact.

However tomb raider only has one set path to beat the game, you still have to get from point a to point b to advance the story. There is no mission structure, you can't tackle the game in whatever order you choose. Being more open than an extremely linear game like the uncharted doesn't make your game open world.

Tomb raider is not "leaning more towards open world" it's 90% linear with a few open world elements.

I never said ROTTR wasn't a good game, I like the tomb raider reboot series.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not confused on what a linear game is breh. I know tomb raider is more open than uncharted, I never argued against that fact.

However tomb raider only has one set path to beat the game, you still have to get from point a to point b to advance the story. There is no mission structure, you can't tackle the game in whatever order you choose. Being more open than an extremely linear game like the uncharted doesn't make your game open world.

Tomb raider is not "leaning more towards open world" it's 90% linear with a few open world elements.

I never said ROTTR wasn't a good game, I like the tomb raider reboot series.
:patrice: I think y'all both have different definitions of linearity. I guess if you put it that way(in relation to story progress) then TR is in fact linear. It's only "not linear' if you decide that the extra stuff(tombs, collectibles and backtracking) are apart of progress. But as far as completing the narrative, there's pretty much only one way to do so.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
:patrice: I think y'all both have different definitions of linearity. I guess if you put it that way(in relation to story progress) then TR is in fact linear. It's only "not linear' if you decide that the extra stuff(tombs, collectibles and backtracking) are apart of progress. But as far as completing the narrative, there's pretty much only one way to do so.
I don't know what brehs definition of linearity, but when you are given one path to completion with no mandarory deviations or exploration, the game is linear.