UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End [The Await Is Over: King Drake sliding into our hearts]

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
My only complain is in the multiplayer

Things i dislike

- horrible character pose (drake looking like he has narrow shoulders
- slow as fukk matchmakinh
- slow menus
- fuken chests (like those supply drops) why ND
- brutes
- some maps look like ps3 graphics, take that back i dont even remember old unchartes having such bad graphics on the maps

I wish the Naughty dog woulve go back to UC2 multiplayer shyt was dope as fukk

Simplistic >>>>>
:ld:

I've been digging in to the multiplayer. Once I switched to a fully automatic gun it started becoming fun. I was being a try hard using the Mettler, but dudes would always scurry away and I didn't have nades on that class. Now? I'm enjoying it a lot more. I remember UC2 being just a fun hop in and play game, but this one, you gotta have a team or you getting bodied.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Uncharted mobile game being stingy now. All these lil keys I get to open Sully's Loot giving me dumb shyt like mystical boosters and in game orbs. Give me some relics breh :francis: I'm runnin around with some generic ass lookin characters

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
One thing that stuck out to me in the last two hours that I thought was cool

Was what they did with Nadine. How they had a "villain" be smart for once and choose to back out instead of just throwing themselves at the "hero" to get killed. Like, her exit was fukking logical and just kinda bad ass lol. Good stuff.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
One thing that stuck out to me in the last two hours that I thought was cool

Was what they did with Nadine. How they had a "villain" be smart for once and choose to back out instead of just throwing themselves at the "hero" to get killed. Like, her exit was fukking logical and just kinda bad ass lol. Good stuff.

I can appreciate a black character not going out over some bullshyt.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Im with @GoldenGlove on this... UC4 excels at combat. and the platform is not a challenge at all.

TR is a better game than this... UC4 has the superior story.

I need to play UC3 again but this isn't close to 2

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
these dudes will love ROTR. Lots of shooting and action with piss poor gunplay, non existent story teling, crappy writing and "You've unlocked scope for your AK!" messages popping up all the time. Dudebro ass Gamers:scust:

UC is the Best TPS I've played. Is it wrong to want more shooting?

TR did had terrible gameplay but the stealth in that game was better than UC and the weapons were much better.

I dont need a good story in a video game. That is a luxury, not a requirement.
I'm on Chapter 12 right now, and the pacing has been up and down. I think that's where the complaints are coming from.

I feel like I'm taking my time and still missing stuff. I do not like how the exploration works in this game. There are multiple paths at times, some leading to treasures/journals/hidden conversations etc and others that are the "right" way the game needs you to go in order to start the next checkpoint. Once you pass that, there's no going back to check out that path you stumbled on. So you can take your time, and say, I'm going to really look for stuff, and still miss shyt. On top of that, there is really nothing outside of a shining light that indicates where treasures are. It's always been like this in Uncharted, but if they wanted to take it there with this game (which feels like more emphasis on exploring and puzzles than any of the previous games) then bring some innovation to the table.

I'm all for the platforming and exploring stuff, but what advances to the gameplay are we seeing here? You essentially just doing the same stuff you've always done in this series. Look for an obvious ledge/rock to cling to, rinse and repeat. There is no real tension when platforming in this game... no mechanic that challenges you not to miss a jump, so it can became repetitive and boring... and it doesn't help that you can find some shyt to climb to or go to, and then there's nothing even there to discover. For Naughty Dog to put much more of an emphasis on this type of gameplay, it would have been cool to see them add some new elements that we haven't seen in here before. Maybe a map with clues for the treasures, not saying they have to give up locations to a T, but something creative that exploring players can leverage outside of scathing through maps on their own.

The gunplay is much improved however. And the combat engagements are nice... forcing you to move instead of just hug cover and take everybody out. You really have to be active in this. It's just that right when things pick up, they slow back down. Just probably spent an hour on Chapter 11 moving around, looking for stuff, didn't shoot one person... but only found 4 out of 13 treasures. The "climax" of the chapter was solving a puzzle at the end of it. When the map loaded up I said to myself, "I'm sure there's a lot of shyt to find here", but after looking around and trying, only to find a few things you get tired of it and just want to progress to the next checkpoint. And this Chapter comes after an intense high speed chase scene. :smh:

It's a really polished game and it's the gameplay we've come to expect. But I see where the pacing complaints are coming from. Especially when 1 aspect of the game (combat/shooting) is far more fun than the others (platforming/exploring). If platforming was more dynamic an just as thrilling as the combat scenarios you encounter then nobody would have a problem with doing it so much.

Just my take for now... as I said I'm only on Chapter 12.

The advancement of Gameplay is a rope and pick copied straight from TR.

The AI isn't better at all.

This game was a chore to me.

This game is a 8/10

People are just stanning out @Fatboi1

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
Im with @GoldenGlove on this... UC4 excels at combat. and the platform is not a challenge at all.

TR is a better game than this... UC4 has the superior story.

I need to play UC3 again but this isn't close to 2
Did you mistype or did you mean to say UC4 excels at combat?
After having more time to think about I prefer the overalll game of ROTR to this, UC4 takes awhile to get to the good part and then over stays it's welcome :dahell: how you manage that. with ROTR Damascus started out really good and kept it up, also the progression of weapons and unlocks to open up things was much appreciated.
I'll probably run thru UC4 in a couple months but that's what I always say, unfortunately these games are as great the second time around imo (at least UC2 and last of us weren't) because all those surprises aren't surprising and I remember all the banter

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
UC is the Best TPS I've played. Is it wrong to want more shooting?

TR did had terrible gameplay but the stealth in that game was better than UC and the weapons were much better.

I dont need a good story in a video game. That is a luxury, not a requirement.

The advancement of Gameplay is a rope and pick copied straight from TR.

The AI isn't better at all.

This game was a chore to me.

This game is a 8/10

People are just stanning out
@Fatboi1
:mindblown:

Edit NVM these dudes tryna get me started lol.

Last edited:

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
Yeah UC4 is of a much higher quality than Rise. But Uncharted's potential really feels like its been tapped out with Uncharted 4. In theory, Tomb Raider 3 could be a better game than UC4, if they have the balls to drop the collectathon approach, make combat much better/deeper and make platforming require skill. Tomb Raider will never beat Uncharted 4's character performances, animation and environments though, that I'm pretty certain.They just don't have the time, budget and talent ND has.

The Last of Us also has a lot of potential on the gameplay front. TLOU's gameplay >>> UC4's, and TLOU2 should be amazing.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah UC4 is of a much higher quality than Rise. But Uncharted's potential really feels like its been tapped out with Uncharted 4. In theory, Tomb Raider 3 could be a better game than UC4, if they have the balls to drop the collectathon approach, make combat much better/deeper and make platforming require skill. Tomb Raider will never beat Uncharted 4's character performances, animation and environments though, that I'm pretty certain.They just don't have the time, budget and talent ND has.

The Last of Us also has a lot of potential on the gameplay front. TLOU's gameplay >>> UC4's, and TLOU2 should be amazing.
TLOU gameplay is way different than UC4 to even compare. One is slow paced and revolves around keeping track of your bullets and some sort of stealth with crafting while the other is based around cinematic action and lots of movement.

AiCy6Tm.gif

Playing on Crushing makes it too hard to do this all the time. Crushing is an experience that I'm sure hampers enjoyment.

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
TLOU gameplay is way different than UC4 to even compare. One is slow paced and revolves around keeping track of your bullets and some sort of stealth with crafting while the other is based around cinematic action and lots of movement.

Playing on Crushing makes it too hard to do this all the time. Crushing is an experience that I'm sure hampers enjoyment.
Word. I don't think UC should be more like TLOU, because they are different games. But overall I think TLOU's core gameplay is significantly better.

- Shooting: TLOU's limited ammo and lower enemy count makes killing enemies more satisfying because each shot and kill is meaningful. Uncharted's enemies are kinda boring to kill in comparison. The huge dudes with armor could be more interesting, right now they're just bullet sponges.

- Melee/Stealth: TLOU wins hands down. The environments are designed with stealth in mind, with narrow corridors and ways for enemies to pinch/flank you. Also the bricks/bottles, shivs, melee weapons add a lot of strategy and make killing dudes really satisfying.

- Exploring: Again, TLOU wins here because exploring to gather resources/upgrades/weapons is more rewarding than exploring to find optional treasures that don't do anything. Every room is an opportunity for more resources.

- Upgrade system: Uncharted doesn't need it, but it is a plus for TLOU

- Enemy variety: TLOU wins here, nuff said

- Climbing: This is something Uncharted 4 has that TLOU doesn't. But it's starting to become a bit boring. Basically find the white ledges and mash your way up the cliff. :yeshrug: There's a jump you make in a cave at the end of UC4 that is actually pretty intense. Why did they wait until 14 hours into the game to do that?

jadden

Superstar
Daps
That final battle tho:whoo:. Might be the best in the series and a perfect way to end a pirate adventure

The ending and the epilogue had me :mjcry: I'm gonna miss Nate and his adventures. It's been a great 9 years of gameplay

I wonder how long before Uncharted 5 staring his daughter comes out :troll:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Playing on Crushing makes it too hard to do this all the time. Crushing is an experience that I'm sure campers enjoyment.
:heh:

No, you can't camp on Crushing breh. The enemies see you chilling somewhere too long and go :childplease:

You getting naded, and flanked. Only real way to "camp" is to find a ledge and hang off of it and try and peek up and kill some guys... but you ain't clearing an area like that cause they are stingy af with the ammunition, and there aren't many places where you can do that without somebody shooting you from the side.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Word. I don't think UC should be more like TLOU, because they are different games. But overall I think TLOU's core gameplay is significantly better.

- Shooting: TLOU's limited ammo and lower enemy count makes killing enemies more satisfying because each shot and kill is meaningful. Uncharted's enemies are kinda boring to kill in comparison. The huge dudes with armor could be more interesting, right now they're just bullet sponges.

- Melee/Stealth: TLOU wins hands down. The environments are designed with stealth in mind, with narrow corridors and ways for enemies to pinch/flank you. Also the bricks/bottles, shivs, melee weapons add a lot of strategy and make killing dudes really satisfying.

- Exploring: Again, TLOU wins here because exploring to gather resources/upgrades/weapons is more rewarding than exploring to find optional treasures that don't do anything. Every room is an opportunity for more resources.

- Upgrade system: Uncharted doesn't need it, but it is a plus for TLOU

- Enemy variety: TLOU wins here, nuff said

- Climbing: This is something Uncharted 4 has that TLOU doesn't. But it's starting to become a bit boring. Basically find the white ledges and mash your way up the cliff. :yeshrug: There's a jump you make in a cave at the end of UC4 that is actually pretty intense. Why did they wait until 14 hours into the game to do that?
This is a great post.

And I agree. To me, TLOU surpassed UC the day it released. UC4 is a good game, and hopefully the DLC for it is piff as well. But TLOU is my favorite game from them.

I think ND could have made UC more dynamic, and made the "other" things you do more engaging. Just because it's not Mario or Rayman doesn't mean that they couldn't of put in more challenging/creative platforming. There's so many things that they could have done to expand on it.