UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End [The Await Is Over: King Drake sliding into our hearts]

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
:mjlol:

Anyway, I'd rank it as a better game but that's not to put down UC2 as something that's suddenly inferior. If I had to break it down:

Story
UC4>UC2.
The story is mature, the characters are much deeper and you see a side of Nate and Elena that's more grounded. Sam's introduction doesn't feel forced or tacked on, it's explained perfectly. The story is akin to how TLOU wasn't just about whatever it was they were discussing. The characters and their relationships was really the highlight for me.

The villains are much more interesting. Nadine was my favorite villain in UC. Rafe was so/so to me. I think Lazervich was more interesting than him.

Gameplay
UC4>UC2
Not debatable here. Shooting feels weighty, guns pack heat, melee combat looks beautiful and there's a plethora of animations for almost every nuance like running and melee button might do a kick to the groins or a drop kick or w/e. Stealth is viable as you can break the line of sight of enemies and hide and then go back to a shootout if seen. The rope is a great addition, it's used liberally throughout the campaign and it feels good to use.

Sound
UC4>UC2
The score for UC4 is much more somber. The game's music fits the tone and isn't as loud and "Unchartedy" compared to UC2. I never cared for the music in UC2 and neither do I care here. It works :yeshrug: The gun sounds though are crazy. :wow:

Graphics
:pachaha:
This game oozes with art and graphics to create amazing looking shyt. I saw it on a 4K and I was like :wow:

Pacing
UC2>UC4
There's one caveat, UC2 is a shorter game and thus there's less things to do but shoot and or do a puzzle here and there. UC4 for some starts off a little slow as it's heavy on story and characters so there's a lot more cutscenes but they're so well done that this may not be a issue for anyone. I enjoyed the first few chapters(except one chapter which I thought was meh).

If you're going in expecting extreme action right from the get go it'll be a letdown. I'd say at about chapter 6 is when the game starts ramping up in action. The puzzles and exploration in here are light years ahead of UC2/3 just because of how grandiose and beautiful these locations can be. I didn't like the puzzle areas in UC3 but in here they're pretty nice.

Action
UC4>UC2
UC2 may at first seem to have more set pieces since UC4 is bigger and therefore it'll have more gameplay moments where you're just playing but nothing bombastic is happening but make no mistake, the set pieces in here if you want to call them that are very thrilling and exciting. The E3 set piece? That shyt blew me the fukk away. It may seem less crazy than drake getting blown out of a plane but I felt it was incredible. The camera work, the intensity of the score, the gameplay, the graphics it just worked magic. Also gameplay moment to moment is amazing. When you're caught and the music kicks in and enemies are shooting at you and you're jumping around, shooting, running hiding it's very hectic.

The two games are structurally different from each other. UC4 is much more character driven and the narrative is married with the gameplay so crazy stuff happens when it makes sense. It's not just shyt happening because "it's time for shyt to get real", it happens because the story naturally made this happen.

I'd put UC4 over UC2 easily because it's superior in almost all those regards with the other things being a matter of preference. It's pure fan service and it shows in the beginning of the game and near the end.

There's so many references to past things that are much more appreciated when you remember them.

both are 10/10 games for different reasons imo. This is a more "grown up" Uncharted so some may not like it because they rather the series stagnant and be a one trick pony. It's like someone saying they don't like an artist's latest album because of the shift in message/tone compared to they old shyt. Illmatic to Life is Good if you may.
Bruh, this is like the dumbest review ever. WHy are you comparing a game you had to wait 17yrs for to a game that came out about 24yrs ago. Saying graphincs/sound in UC4 >>> UC2 and then writing a paragraph on each is amazingly odd.

Nah, you not trying to hard to sell a game again. I ain't seen horseshyt like this since @GoldenGlove was hyping up Killzone :troll:

:bustback: Shots Fired :bustback:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@PS4

When you copping?

The masses may not know this about you, but I know UC2 is one of your favorite games of all time.

:mjpls:

I remember you playing with the brehs to the early morning having the time of your video gaming life.

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
lol man quit lying..yall nikkas beat games quick because you young and aint got a life...you said you like to beat a game quick while it's fresh? nikka the game just dropped 24 hours ago lol...Just keep it real, don't come up with some excuse on why you like to race through games like i wanna keep it fresh :russ::snoop:...I use to be just like that when I was 16 and living with my parents, couldnt wait to beat the game first outta me and my homeboys, no real responsibilities, just a bunch of free time after school to game...But as a grown man with a mortgage, wife, job and children, who got time to sit and play a game 5-8 hours a days :what:
Vacation time nikka. We IT in here get off that warehouse shyt breh

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
@PS4

When you copping?

The masses may not know this about you, but I know UC2 is one of your favorite games of all time.

:mjpls:

I remember you playing with the brehs to the early morning having the time of your video gaming life.
:ohhh:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
yesterday, I reached ch 6, but I'm going back to UC3 on the PS4 so I can beat that one again before I go back. I don't know if I can resist going back to UC4 tho after getting a taste of that piff.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bruh, this is like the dumbest review ever. WHy are you comparing a game you had to wait 17yrs for to a game that came out about 24yrs ago. Saying graphincs/sound in UC4 >>> UC2 and then writing a paragraph on each is amazingly odd.

Nah, you not trying to hard to sell a game again. I ain't seen horseshyt like this since @GoldenGlove was hyping up Killzone :troll:

:bustback: Shots Fired :bustback:

Leave that man alone with his Killzone breh :mjcry:
giphy.gif

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Chapter 8 and I'm hoping this game picks up soon. Won't say I'm disappointed but it's not really catching me so I'm hoping it's still early. Doesn't feel like what it was hyped up to be.

I'm not too impressed with the graphics neither :ld:

• Dap
Reactions: PS4