UMG executives and Drake partners asked PG Lang to end the beef

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
AK claims new music from one of them was supposed to drop today but the shooting threw that off. If true it obviously would’ve been Drake, and if so that further cements that he can’t read the room. Him dropping another track would be like double or triple texting considering the consensus is that it’s over.

I'm not so sure it was Drake, if true. He said in the track he's not responding anymore. Granted I do expect another Drake response, but I think he's gonna get out the spotlight a bit first and gather more information. You see the results, with Drake stan accounts pushing this "Top abuses women" angle today. I'm sure that will end up in his next diss.

Could it have been Kendrick? I think so. But on the flip side it seems like his camp is focusing on getting this big Not Like Us video out. They might not want to step on the momentum. Unless...what if the video includes another track in it? Similar to the way SZA often previews a new song at the end of a music video. Maybe the video was supposed to drop today but they delayed it after the shooting.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You're crazy if you don't think label heads are discussing all of the serious allegations being thrown around. They do NOT want to lose their cash cows.

Do I think a big zoom call happened with all of the corporate partners? No.. but they don't want to lose a big artist over a week or two's worth of streaming numbers.

Problem is.. all this shyt is already out there so cat's out of the bag now..

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
Still nothing from any of Drake’s industry friends?
Not even a tweet in support.

Just dusty old rent a opp Game trying to hump Rick Ross’ leg.

Support for what? He ain’t Kendrick that needed 7-8 artists plus managers, Bloggers, radio personalities and Djs. Drake a grown man standing on his own. Outside of the jealous rappers going at Drake who’s supporting Kendrick that’s not a washed up Producer/Rapper? I’ll wait.

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Support for what? He ain’t Kendrick that needed 7-8 artists plus managers, Bloggers, radio personalities and Djs. Drake a grown man standing on his own. Outside of the jealous rappers going at Drake who’s supporting Kendrick that’s not a washed up Producer/Rapper? I’ll wait.

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TMZ article is bullshyt in my opinion

It’s easy if you connect the dots

Same day this article came out

Who owns Rolling Stones ?

Not a drop from Drake or Kendrick sense
Damn near all the girls in the videos linked to the weirdo behavior all came out damn near the same day to clear shyt up. TDE nikkas immediately saying good battle after THP6 dropped after hyping what seems like a Black Hippy Not Like Us remix. Helluva coincidence everything just immediately stopped that Sunday night.

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
Damn near all the girls in the videos linked to the weirdo behavior all came out damn near the same day to clear shyt up. TDE nikkas immediately saying good battle after THP6 dropped after hyping what seems like a Black Hippy Not Like Us remix. Helluva coincidence everything just immediately stopped that Sunday night.

The bluff was called. No more lies to pull from. Kendrick studying Joe Budden disses as we speak to give them a new wording and repeat the same shyt. By the way not addressing or giving a rebuttal to what’s being said on the other side🤷🏽‍♂️

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
TMZ article is bullshyt in my opinion

It’s easy if you connect the dots

Same day this article came out

Who owns Rolling Stones ?

Not a drop from Drake or Kendrick sense
The magazine "Rolling Stone" and the band the rolling stones are two different things :leostare:

Jards

All Star
Daps
I'm not so sure it was Drake, if true. He said in the track he's not responding anymore. Granted I do expect another Drake response, but I think he's gonna get out the spotlight a bit first and gather more information. You see the results, with Drake stan accounts pushing this "Top abuses women" angle today. I'm sure that will end up in his next diss.

Could it have been Kendrick? I think so. But on the flip side it seems like his camp is focusing on getting this big Not Like Us video out. They might not want to step on the momentum. Unless...what if the video includes another track in it? Similar to the way SZA often previews a new song at the end of a music video. Maybe the video was supposed to drop today but they delayed it after the shooting.
I doubt Drake is gonna accuse Top of abusing women unless he doesn’t plan on returning back to LA lol - Top ain’t a rapper so the response won’t be on a rap level

Daps
Yea it was obviously bs.

The only label thing I wonder about is how everyone else, besides UMG, feels about this. The battle has dominated music discourse for weeks now. Like That blocked Beyonce from having a #1 song and subsequent Drake and Kendrick disses have charted higher than Taylor Swift songs pretty consistently. Just a wild clash of titans going on, and if you had an album coming out in April or early May that shyt def got pushed back lol.
NGL If I was an artist wanting to drop I'd hope they wrap this shyt up now too lol. Peeple ain't trying to hear nothing else while this beef going on.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama

Jesus Christ breh, this reads like denial in it most delusional form. How can you say Kendrick needs all these people when Drake is the one we know for SURE that has people writing for him. Even the song he won the beef with Meek was written by someone else. Then say washed up people supporting Kendrick then proceed to quote this nikka here?

Tell me you're cheesin fam :heh: