Ukrainian refugees are struggling to integrate in the UK because there are too many Black & Asian people

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
Just watched the video, it seems to be more about islamophobia than anything

First house:
Ukranian: "Too many muslims here."
Housing Woman: "Maybe get to know them."
Reporter: "Both parties agreed to end the housing arrangement."

At the end:
Lady: "Lots of people would be offended that you're afraid of the mixed area."
Ukranian: "I saw a lot of stats on crime in the area. I heard a lot about muslim terrorists."
Reporter: "The Ukranian moved to a new area"

:dead: They literally dipped out because they couldn't handle it

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
brexit was a very good thing for black people

if UK was still part of Europe, racist poles, ukranians and albanians would have moved in

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
They're not gonna get any unique sympathy for this. They're not the first group of people who fled a war and they won't be the last.

Gotta take what you get because you could have also not gotten shyt.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I have no sympathy for Ukrainians for this very reason. Same for Russians as well for the same reason.

The unsaid part of this conflict that is taking place however is that this is really all a proxy battle of two different world orders. Neither is perfect and both have problems but differ in important ways on a more basic level. Right-wing "Natural Order"/hierarchial based
and collectivist world (Russia, China, and other rising authoritarian movements) vs western liberalism (not American political liberalism but respect for individualism). Not to mention plain power and greed, on both sides.

However, it's the former dynamic that I don't wish for Russia to be successful. Because it's the order that they seek that will kick colonialism, war, and oppression into overdrive because under that world order, human rights are illogical. Oppression is justified and even moral because if you're oppressed it's because you're meant to be oppressed by the law of the natural order because you're inferior. It's your natural place reinforced by the fact you were able to be oppressed in the first place Putin is a duginist. Which is new Russian style fascism.

They view people like Trump, Xi, Bolsonaro, Duterte, Orban, Edgoran, Myanmar Military, new far right Israeli government, so on and so on as their peers in this new world configuration. Violence and power are the only virtues in this worldview that matter.
Human rights and caring about the desires of individuals don't matter. They can be ignored.

Last edited: