Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps
Tories got massacred

d6b3d7991a31f929af44df1f18fa5a03.jpeg

81f08b3feceba409c80769a3322498d3.jpeg

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Like @The axe murderer said Brexit bushing the white euro immigrants not realizing it would be more Chinese and Indians taking over….

Brexit was a massive L, on par with the UK being responsible for more independence days around the world :mjlol:
And immigration reached record numbers this year too. I cannot stress how much of an own goal this was in a whoooooooole host of tory own goals:dead:

UnQuantized

Superstar
Daps
Corbyn won a lot of votes in safe traditional labour seats. Keir Starmer sacrificed some votes in the major cities for a much more spread out vote, from every corner of the country. Tory vote completely collapsed, with Reform taking votes from the right and Liberal Democrats taking votes from the more moderate side of the conservatives. Conservatives focused too much on reform and let Liberal Democrats take huge swings from some of the safest conservative seats int the country.

Daps
I really hope this is the beginning of a turn back to better days for the UK.

The cost of living and life in general have consistently gotten worse under the Tories.

Oxford street with closed stores in my lifetime is something I would never had imagined.
I hope that this is a sign of things to come for America. That one day folks will wake up and go “You know who haven’t governed in a generation”?

I remember staying up all night watching the referendum thinking there is no way that Leave would win, not knowing all of the moving parts of the machine that led people to lose all common sense in how important the EU was to the UK’s standing.

Hubris was downfall of Cameron for agreeing to the referendum in the first place, just like Republicans allowing people to take Trump seriously at the time in hopes that he would focus on their opposition.

Hubris destroyed the Tories from Johnson to Truss to Sunak, each leaving things worse for the next one. It’s mirrored in the hubris of how the GOP continues to race to lose voters to satisfy their base yet think attempt to go to Washington and do anything but impede progress without losing their seat the next time around.

I’m grateful the UK has an opportunity to fix things (although I feel things never shook out fairly for Corbyn, and at least he was vindicated last night), and I’m hoping for the best.