Heimdall

Pro
Daps
indeed

Aisha, a 26-year-old who’s planning to leave the UK for Dubai
4HmmNZd.png

I generally feel out of place, well, everywhere, but I felt so acutely in my hometown (I'm even reluctant to use the word - I wasn't born there after all lol) after the referendum: the city voted to Leave after benefiting directly from EU membership and I was kind of dumbfounded. The recent EU migrants were basically keeping the place alive but apparently it had become a problem. (There has since been an influx of Africans :umad:)

“I see that a lot of Londoners are moving to place like the Midlands and then that’s displacing people in the Midlands, because the rents are going up; so we’re being displaced and we’re displacing other people which I don’t like.”
Yeah. :sadcam:

Project manager Folu, 33, aims to find a place where he can thrive both professionally and personally, away from the deteriorating social landscape marked by rising racism and anti-immigrant sentiments in the UK.
But. Where is actually better for this? It seems like we have to pick our (flavour of) poison, and each country seems to have that special minority they love to hate. (I've never understood the disdain for Roma people which seems to be pretty widespread though.)

My desire to be somewhere else has been like my guiding principle almost since I graduated, though things have become quite complicated since then... hopefully I will still be able to at some point.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
indeed

4HmmNZd.png

I generally feel out of place, well, everywhere, but I felt so acutely in my hometown (I'm even reluctant to use the word - I wasn't born there after all lol) after the referendum: the city voted to Leave after benefiting directly from EU membership and I was kind of dumbfounded. The recent EU migrants were basically keeping the place alive but apparently it had become a problem. (There has since been an influx of Africans :umad:)

Yeah. :sadcam:

But. Where is actually better for this? It seems like we have to pick our (flavour of) poison, and each country seems to have that special minority they love to hate. (I've never understood the disdain for Roma people which seems to be pretty widespread though.)

My desire to be somewhere else has been like my guiding principle almost since I graduated, though things have become quite complicated since then... hopefully I will still be able to at some point.
What did you study? What do you want to do?

Heimdall

Pro
Daps
What did you study? What do you want to do?
(Mechanical) Engineering. Robotics/control was my main area of interest, and I initially wanted to live somewhere that was... kinder to engineers, but as a result of my current work (IT, I find it difficult to define my role atm but basically the IT departmenta sysadmin?) and the pandemic I do not think I will be able to let go of the flexibility allowed by remote working, plus I am completely over engineering now. I have been trying to focus more specifically on cyber security recently.

What are the final polls saying?
We should be getting the exit poll projection very soon, when polls have closed in a few minutes. :mjgrin: