UK breh's and brehettes... Why do you still pay for kings, queens, princes and princesses

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
:dahell:
960x0.jpg

Forbes also reports the British monarchy "contributes nearly £1.8 billion to the UK economy" annually, including £550 million in tourism.

So why are tax payers putting money in their pocket?

It seems they're merely a tourist attraction, like Disney Land. But We don't give them millions of dollars a year.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell:
960x0.jpg

Forbes also reports the British monarchy "contributes nearly £1.8 billion to the UK economy" annually, including £550 million in tourism.

So why are tax payers putting money in their pocket?

It seems they're merely a tourist attraction, like Disney Land. But We don't give them millions of dollars a year.

Same reason the United States still allows slavery under a codified 13th amendment.

It's the law.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Unless I'm missing something, the total annual cost is 67 millions pounds, while they contribute 1.8 BILLION pounds annually to the UK economy. Sounds like a pretty good investment to me.

The queen alone has a net worth of $500+ million. SO I ask again, why should Brits have to pay for anything?

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
In before "but they are good for the economy".
  1. Who fukking cares? Just because something is net positive for the economy doesn't mean that it should exist. Poor argument. You could have and charge people to see public hangings...would be net positive for the economy.. doesn't mean it should exist.
  2. Tourist would still come to see their castles and shyt even if they were removed from power. (Thus still contributing to the economy) it's not like tourists are currently going there to have private tea and crumpet sessions with that old ass Queen anyway.
  3. FOH

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The queen alone has a net worth of $500+ million. SO I ask again, why should Brits have to pay for anything?

It's part of the law. Technically the entire UK is hers and you have to pa

There are 60 million people within the U.K.

So you are getting Aggy for £1/ person ?

Most of that money comes from ground rent by landowners and homeowners

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium

Long-standing tradition, sense of community, etc. You name it. Why do taxpayers pay for military parades, for monuments? At the end of the day you can't use the same logic for countries as you might do, say, for a private company. Countries have traditions, symbols they cherish, have things that "make them what they are", etc. And in this case, it's litteraly a great investment, so :yeshrug:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
It's part of the law. Technically the entire UK is hers and you have to pay

There are 60 million people within the U.K.

So you are getting Aggy for £1/ person ?

Most of that money comes from ground rent by landowners and homeowners

That's why I made the thread in the first place? :dahell: to ask WHY do they still allow it. Laws can be changed.

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
She shouldn’t get shyt! We pay for her image and that’s it but we need to bin them

But why does anyone pay taxes?
You pay taxes to a government that incarcerates your most able bodied assets and uses them as collateral in record breaking numbers

we don’t do better because we don’t know better

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
London is the number 1 tourist destination in the world. People come and go to Buckingham palace, Kensington palace, Tower of London to see the Crown Jewels etc.
Crown Jewels
Maybe if they returned those jewels to South Africa we wouldn’t have to pay for some tourists to come and take pics of stolen merch

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Long-standing tradition, sense of community, etc. You name it. Why do taxpayers pay for military parades, for monuments? At the end of the day you can't use the same logic for countries as you might do, say, for a private company. Countries have traditions, symbols they cherish, have things that "make them what they are", etc. And in this case, it's litteraly a great investment, so :yeshrug:

SO giving money annually to a family that's worth billions of dollars because it makes them feel good.

I see. So what you're saying is Brits have a sheep mentality and/or they simply don't know no better. It makes sense now. :patrice:

Daps

Because otherwise they’d go recluse and that $1.8B would decrease dramatically, duh.

In before "but they are good for the economy".
  1. Who fukking cares? Just because something is net positive for the economy doesn't mean that it should exist. Poor argument. You could have and charge people to see public hangings...would be net positive for the economy.. doesn't mean it should exist.
  2. Tourist would still come to see their castles and shyt even if they were removed from power. (Thus still contributing to the economy) it's not like tourists are currently going there to have private tea and crumpet sessions with that old ass Queen anyway.
  3. FOH

1. Who cares that something costing you 67mill is generating 1800 million???? That’s your argument? How is it not immediately clear to you why a country would want to continue that arrangement?

2. There’s no guarantee the castles would remain accessible for tourists. Without there pageantry interests in them would wane over the years. Much of that 67 million probably includes staffing and upkeep of properties like Buckingham Palace. Given how that’s used, that number would remain even if you “shunned” the Royal family.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Crown Jewels
Maybe if they returned those jewels to South Africa we wouldn’t have to pay for some tourists to come and take pics of stolen merch

You can’t take photos of the Crown Jewels but yeah not saying it’s right or anything .

But all the tourism dollars that come in make it negligible