Ugly Hoes In Gaming: Do You Care?

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug: I’m not gonna be outraged over some women build of polygons. But I did notice that once Anita Sarkeesian. Put out those videos critiquing women in video games. Developers switched up real quick. With the writing, and appearance of female video games characters. At least in the west, them Japanese studios aren’t bulging.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:yeshrug: I’m not gonna be outraged over some women build of polygons. But I did notice that once Anita Sarkeesian. Put out those videos critiquing women in video games. Developers switched up real quick. With the writing, and appearance of female video games characters. At least in the west, them Japanese studios aren’t bulging.

For the better.

A lot of women in games were just cringey teenage boy fantasies until that point. Writers are actually putting effort into making them real characters now. Thats why more women are playing games

A lot of people criticized how the women looked im DMCV also. Its easy to write off the extreme left era babble as corny or insane, but not everything that comes from it or even people like Anita Sakeesian fundamentally wrong

Last edited:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
For the better.

A lot of women in games were just cringey teenage boy fantasies until that point. Writers are actually putting effort into making them real characters now. Thats why more women are playing games

A lot of people criticized how the women looked im DMCV also
:yeshrug: I kind of agree but ultimately disagree lol. I mean they took a fun character like Lara Croft, and made her boring.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
The character is legit ugly regardless of whatever your beauty standards are. Thick and furrowed brow, crooked teeth, and awkward face structure. If her design serves a purpose in game I don’t care, but I play games to escape reality not be reminded.

The real problem here is internet weirdos who need to grass that this upsets them so much.

Last edited:

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
I'd like more of a mix, you can have a character be conventionally attractive without being a super model. It's obviously pandering to a certain crowd when they create characters like this so:yeshrug:

I didn't play Andromeda or Horizon and I don't like fable so it doesn't really bother me.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Lol i knew it was gonna be this chick. She not ugly breh she just british. Its a bad angle frfr. In general tho idgaf. We gotta stop pretending that everyone is good looking in this world man. You go back and look at 18-19th century heroes/leaders and then bulls were ugly as hell.

Besides, rarely when these characters are beautiful do they turn me on anyway. Its not like we getting characters that look like Ice Spice or Elizabeth Olsen so fukk it.
no niga that bytch ugly. regular degular British broads can at least be cute, she looks like a foot.

stop it

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Yeah, that's probably how an "adventuring" woman would look in that era, likely worse honestly. And you know she would absolutely reek. So it is realistic.

But these companies aren't going for realistic. We all know what this is. I'm waiting for Hollywood to get on board with realistic :flabbynsick: leads. I'm not talking about Hollywood ugly, I'm talking average American ugly. Wal-Mart ugly. It's not going to happen until the corporation can benefit in one way or another. These pivots toward diversity and inclusion aren't genuine which is why so many of these properties are extremely low effort which leaves them ripe for alt right neckbeard criticism.

There needs to be the same effort and care put into these properties as there would be if a typical white person was the protagonist.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

The OG looks better for the game.

The character design is really good for the tone/humor they are shooting for.

There’s no reason a fable “hero” should look like the “fixed” version. She’s not going to a beauty pageant. She hunting balverines and kicking chickens.