UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, isn't as popular as he could be due to racism -Joe Rogan

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jones is hated because he's great and he's smug. If rampage was as impressive as Jones, then he'll have a lot more haters. Since Jones has looked unstoppable in all of his fights until Gus. White people didn't like that the champ was unstoppable and cocky. They were looking for the next white hype. Jones does have no charisma but so does Cain. Jones is my favorite fighter and he's a lame but his personality isn't the main reason he's not liked.

Jones is hated because even he though is smug he tries to hide behind his Christian good boy persona and he is not charismatic to boot. Cain is consistent with his persona, are there racists yes. but I don't believe that is the major reason why Jones is disliked :yeshrug:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I've never even considered Bones cocky though. He's really just that good. If you don't like that then too bad, wait for someone to dethrone him like Silva. But guess what? They hated Silva too and they hated him even MORE when he started giving zero fukks and showboating all the time.

Weidman dethroning him had them popping bottles.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
And they probably hate him for this too

jon-jones-fiance-jessie-moses-daughters.jpg

:mjpls:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Bull-shyt, the frat crowds loved Silva and he doesn't even speak English. People just don't like Jones, fans need to stop making excuses.

Lies. Sonnen basically built his rep by saying vile, disgusting racist shyt about Silva/Brazilians and MMA cac fans cheered him on. You are a low key racist cac yourself always popping up to take shots at Jones and other black fighters in the MMA thread

humble Hermit

Mind Power
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Conquering Lion
Jones is hated because even he though is smug he tries to hide behind his Christian good boy persona and he is not charismatic to boot. Cain is consistent with his persona, are there racists yes. but I don't believe that is the major reason why Jones is disliked :yeshrug:
They hate the man.
Constant threads about him kicking his opponents (Lyoto does this no one says anything) knees yet they're suppose to be from the just bleed era, where pride allowed soccer kicks and shyt
Constant threads about eye pokes when Gus does it just as much
Constantly bringing up his Bentley crash incident
They used to talk about him having kids out of wed lock
People still brings up that he snitched on ppl who sold weed when he was in HS.

Them fools were cheering and almost celebrating when Dan Henderson KO Bisping and hit him with a late hit punch after he was out but antagonized Jones for letting Lyoto down after he was out.

nalej

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Seatown
This would be a better argument if there weren't several black MMA stars before him. Jones is a great fighter and I wouldn't miss any of his fights either but he's a bytch ass dude outside the ring and that's why he doesn't have a strong fan base. Rogan should know this and he might but remember he works for the UFC, he's going to help promote for the org anytime he can.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What....cocky....shyt......has......Silva.....pulled?! My dude you are an idiot :snoop:

I'm the idiot you can't answer the question

Chael Sonnen is a cheater and cocky who can't even back it up, yet he as beloved and silva was not

you actually think they call me cocky because he fights with his hands down sometimes

lol

once again code language sucker

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Chael Sonnen is a cheater and cocky who can't even back it up, yet he as beloved and silva was not

you actually think they call me cocky because he fights with his hands down sometimes

lol

How is Silva not beloved? he is the acknowledged greatest mixed martial artist of all time. You're trying to make it out like the man is universally hated and no white fan likes him

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

lol

Silva WAS kind of cocky (and rightly so since no one really ever gave him a challenge..) but even before that, they still on hated him. This is why they get behind Weidman now because he did what everyone else couldn't.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
How is Silva not beloved? he is the acknowledged greatest mixed martial artist of all time. You're trying to make it out like the man is universally hated and no white fan likes him

Stop acting so godamn stupid, He is the greatest Martial Atrist, they have no choice put to acknowledge it, Floyd Mayweather is the best p4p boxer and he's still hated
it has nothing to do with what I'm talking about

Silva was booed every time he fought do you even watch UFC

since he finally lost, they feel like he got put in his place, and now regret there's no more excitement in the sport

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Silva WAS kind of cocky (and rightly so since no one really ever gave him a challenge..) but even before that, they still on hated him. This is why they get behind Weidman now because he did what everyone else couldn't.

Give me EXAMPLES

all you people get saying he's cocky how

Mcgregor is cocky, Chael Sonnen is cocky, but nobody seems to care

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'm not buying it. Rampage is one of the most popular fighters in MMA history and he's a straight goon. Cormier is getting popular as well. Sonnen is liked because he's always respectful after fights and admits he put on an act. He also got killed after getting busted for peds. Bones is hated because he's an unlikeable ass hole.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Give me EXAMPLES

all you people get saying he's cocky how

Mcgregor is cocky, Chael Sonnen is cocky, but nobody seems to care
I'm talking about when he used to dance around opponents not in a strategic way but in a way to insult them ie. Damian Maia

Don't get me wrong breh...I'm a huge Silva fan and I'm still pissed at how those two Weidman fights went but IMO Silva came in trying to be the best....was the best for a minute...and then when Dana kept throwing bums at him and not giving him the purses he wanted (I believe this was the reasoning but correct me if I'm wrong) I feel like he just said fukk it because he realized that the real fans would appreciate his greatness and that the haters were gonna hate. And...AND he was so good that realistically the haters fueled him on.

Sad to say that his own mistake was not taking Weidman seriously the first time. Had he done that, perhaps he wouldn't have lost or had to get into a situation where he couldn't even redeem himself because he broke his leg during the 2nd fight.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Bull-shyt, the frat crowds loved Silva and he doesn't even speak English. People just don't like Jones, fans need to stop making excuses.

Lets not play dumb on this...of course they love Silva he dont speak english he dont say nothing bad about Dana or the industry,hes a yes man and thats what these cacs love...hes one of the "humble" ones...