UFC 4 Official Reveal Trailer

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps
All facts, sadly.

I'll say it every single time this comes up: licensing costs will keep us from seeing another Fight Night again, unless boxing miraculously becomes incredibly popular again.

UFC fighters sign away the rights to their likeness in UFC contracts (at no extra cost), so EA just needs to secure the UFC license, and hope the game sells well enough. Even if we were to imagine a world where EA just had to cut a deal with each promoter instead of each boxer, they're still going to end up spending more than they would spend on UFC licensing.

It's bullshyt, because a new Fight Night would be a perfect showcase game for the new consoles. :francis:

EA is worth 23 billion dollars. The money that they make with Madden whilst releasing the same garbage every year with minimal improvements, Star Wars Battlefront swindling and all the other DLC they make, they clearly can afford to license boxers in Fight Night. Same way they did with Fury and Joshua.

In terms of sales, the Fight Night games have outsold the UFC games as a whole. Not only that, but it didn't stop EA back in the day from making MMA games on PS3/360 while cranking out Fight Night games at the same time.

Even if it takes them to release certain fighters as DLC to circumvent the costs, I'd be willing to pay at this point if it means getting a new boxing game.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
EA is worth 23 billion dollars. The money that they make with Madden whilst releasing the same garbage every year with minimal improvements, Star Wars Battlefront swindling and all the other DLC they make, they clearly can afford to license boxers in Fight Night. Same way they did with Fury and Joshua.

In terms of sales, the Fight Night games have outsold the UFC games as a whole. Not only that, but it didn't stop EA back in the day from making MMA games on PS3/360 while cranking out Fight Night games at the same time.

Even if it takes them to release certain fighters as DLC to circumvent the costs, I'd be willing to pay at this point if it means getting a new boxing game.

None of what you're saying is wrong, and I agree. Realistically speaking, they have the money to make another Fight Night.

But from their end, it's still not worth the cost.

It's flat out cheaper to pay for the UFC license. They have exactly one partner to deal with, who A: doesn't have to negotiate knowing they have to actually pay any of that money to the fighters, and B: also have a fukkton of debt to get themselves out of, so they're motivated to keep money coming in. Dealing with individual fighters is way tougher, and more expensive. Even with Fight Night outselling UFC, they're always going to take the UFC deal because of the lower overhead.

Also, the team that made Fight Night makes UFC now. The work of either doubling up their output, or forming or reassigning another team for something like Fight Night probably doesn't seem appealing to them.

EA is basically about maximizing profits on as few games as possible. Fight Night doesn't fit into that plan

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps
None of what you're saying is wrong, and I agree. Realistically speaking, they have the money to make another Fight Night.

It's flat out cheaper to pay for the UFC license. They have exactly one partner to deal with, who A: doesn't have to negotiate knowing they have to actually pay any of that money to the fighters, and B: also have a fukkton of debt to get themselves out of, so they're motivated to keep money coming in. Dealing with individual fighters is way tougher, and more expensive. Even with Fight Night outselling UFC, they're always going to take the UFC deal because of the lower overhead.

Also, the team that made Fight Night makes UFC now. The work of either doubling up their output, or forming or reassigning another team for something like Fight Night probably doesn't seem appealing to them.

EA is basically about maximizing profits on as few games as possible. Fight Night doesn't fit into that plan

Sadly everything you're saying makes complete sense. :mjcry:

If Shenmue III, Duke Nukem Forever, Kingdom Hearts III, and even Half Life and Dragonball can make a comeback, Fight Night can. Here's hoping a hail mary prayer will work. :lupe:

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nah boxing licensing wasn't how it is now, fight night is done forever

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

:ufdup:Battlefront II has been completely redeemed breh, it's now considered one of the best Star Wars games ever made.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone

a PBC game with a few legends like Ali, Tyson, etc attached it it is possible tho

i'd assume

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
All facts, sadly.

I'll say it every single time this comes up: licensing costs will keep us from seeing another Fight Night again, unless boxing miraculously becomes incredibly popular again.

UFC fighters sign away the rights to their likeness in UFC contracts (at no extra cost), so EA just needs to secure the UFC license, and hope the game sells well enough. Even if we were to imagine a world where EA just had to cut a deal with each promoter instead of each boxer, they're still going to end up spending more than they would spend on UFC licensing.

It's bullshyt, because a new Fight Night would be a perfect showcase game for the new consoles. :francis:

boxing isn’t popular anymore because there is no dominant champion with personality out there. Plus untalented white peoples have a better connection with UFC.

however why can’t they make a fantasy boxing game with fully customizable characters? They can sprinkle in a few legends to use as bosses and I think it would work

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Played ufc 3 on gamepass. Kinda clunky but fun nonetheless

Bought 4 for like $20.

Haven’t really played anything since i beat cyberpunk

Definitely miss fight night though

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Played ufc 3 on gamepass. Kinda clunky but fun nonetheless

Bought 4 for like $20.

Haven’t really played anything since i beat cyberpunk

Definitely miss fight night though
That licensing bullshyt really killed the GOAT franchise. Fight Night Champion is still amazing, and the bare knuckle brawl mode is still my favorite.

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
there's no boxing games for the ps5. is this game good for the ps5 right now? i think they are having a sale. ps5 needs a boxing game

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps
If ESBC can get all these fighters INCLUDING CANELO on a startup budget, there's no excuse for money being an issue with EA and Fight Night. :francis: