UFC 281 On ESPN+ PPV [11/12 @ 10 pm ET] “The Big Payback…Revenge” (Israel Adesanya/Alex Pereira)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
It was written all over his face, along with Carla. This is what happens when Dana hyped these "faces" to the moon, without the realization that they will end up succumbing to a legit fighter. From Ronda to Izzy, it was all mouth, dancing and shyt...but once they meet somebody that's not for the show...its curtains. I know the "gimmick" is suppose to sell tickets...but the reality is that even the GOAT ended up on his back.

Hence why I knew from the get go that Pereira was going to get that win.

So you think Adesanya and his whole MMA career is a gimmick?

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
dude already was a better striker than everyone else in the division dunno why he didn't also become cold in bbj or some shyt.

hindsight is 20/20 though :yeshrug:

man I can't believe he really lost, let this dude spin the block on his ass from a whole nother organization :dead:

It's not as easy to become good in an entirely different discipline as you think
shyt takes years and years and there's always the risk of slipping in your specialty if you put too much time into another art

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

Innanets gon be on his ass till he get in back in blood :mjcry:

At least with Usman he really was dominating dominating before he got flashed KO'd and he lost to Edwards who is a decorated ufc fighter himself.

Izzy lost to a dude with 0 ground game, like 4 ufc fights. fighting like a dumbass the whole time.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
It's not as easy to become good in an entirely different discipline as you think
shyt takes years and years and there's always the risk of slipping in your specialty if you put too much time into another art
they both came from the same spot so you'd like to believe that Izzy's actual MMA bag would be a little deeper with the vast difference in MMA experience and training :francis:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

Naw I'm aware its dude who come in the gym from MMA, kickboxing, muay thai etc and I piece them up and I'm little.

I'm fully aware if I was to try to kickbox, or wrassle one of them I would be praying they are dumb enough to get his with a full power 6 or some shyt on the takedown attempt.

but I'm a amateur, I would think a pro who whole job is to be the best would add some new wrinkles to their game. I'm not trying to down izzy breh is an amazing fighter still, just curious why he didn't explore that hole in his game further.

I guess the absolute worst timeline would have to happen for it to be exposed (his demon being in the ufc)...and it happened so lol