UFC 278 On ESPN+ PPV [8/20] “Summer Of Sequels” (Kamaru Usman/Leon Edwards II)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
Yes because the top quality boxers are at the top of their class. That's what makes boxing better competition is much fiercer.
Bullshyt, boxing guys duck others at the top all the time.
Name a 3 division ufc champ? I argue its harder to achieve that feat in boxing than it is in the UFC.
And now I know you're trolling. UFC weight classes actually matter. In UFC classes are separated by as little as 10 pounds, but way different body types. And then big just with 15 to 20 pounds. And that's just on the scales at weigh in. Once these guys hydrate you could habe a 194 pound man vs a 181 man.

It's not like in boxing where weight classes are separated by 3 pounds and 6 ounces. Guy walking around with 12 belts separated by 6 pounds and 8 companies:mjlol:

Lurk Angle

All Star
Daps
the only reason leon was down was because he was in his own head :dead: the first time he tried to set usman up for a headkick it was a picture perfect KO

usman fumbled by trying to rack up take downs and play box instead of pinning leon every chance he got

aldo didn't get a chance to win tonight because the guy he fought wasn't playing games
Yup Leon had to much space for that kick leon is a sniper bad strategy

Dude that fought also kept the pressure until the end :ehh:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
I see it TWO WAYS:

1. A reason Usman was loss was his aggression and letting the fans dictate that fight. Not taking anything from edwards. Perfect set up but the ignorance of fans booing everytime fighters lock up urged Usman to be more aggressive when he probably should've coasted. It happens a lot in the UFC

2. A huge problem for Usman is that he doesn't have great head movement. Covington had moments against Usman but he lacked the KO power.

Again Edwards has an amazing story. But that was a shot in the dark that he landed. Usman broke his will and just got caught.
you can't really have it both ways. If Usman really broke his will, then Edwards would've mentally and physically given up. He would've just been playing patty cake with his hands frantically waiting for the clock to run out.

That setup with the kick was cold and calculated, not just a wild desperation swing. Seems like everyone (even Edwards' own team) thought Usman broke his will, except for Edwards.

I hope they don't rush the rematch. Gotta let that shyt marinate a little bit.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Yes because the top quality boxers are at the top of their class. That's what makes boxing better competition is much fiercer. But former champs get respect and always get respect from the fans. Example a clown like Adrian Broner will always be remembered as three division world champion . But he's still a clown. If he was in the ufc he would be forgotten.

Name a 3 division ufc champ? I argue its harder to achieve that feat in boxing than it is in the UFC.
The competition is much fiercer? :laff:
Yeah it's so fierce they take fukking forever to fight anyone that people care about
Spence vs Crawford, Joshua vs Fury, Joshua vs Wilder were all great fights weren't they?
I could find posts on here speculating on those fights probably as far back as 5 years ago and not a single one of them has happened :heh:

I'm not even gonna address the 3 division champ thing cause it's so blatantly wrong I'm assuming you're trolling