UFC 225 Chicago June 9th CM Punk vs Mike Jackson TSC thread

75 Others

Stop it Skeeeyyyuuup
Daps
:ehh: him sticking with MMA, he still gonna get washed though :mjlol:

Alfred0Santana

I used to drop Lewinsky off at the White House.
Daps
Go ahead and make up with Vince and come back

UFC ain’t it man.:mjlol:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Man...get a draw and walk away man...please :snoop:

Why you couldn't just quit WWE and go chill for a few years and rest and recuperate? :mjcry:

llt23

All Star
Daps
There is money in seeing a fake fighter get his ass kicked in a real fight. Even if we saw it already once, we wanna see it again.

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
@puppetmaster

CM Punk has confirmed that he's fighting on June 9th

Trick who do you even see them trying to match him up with? Dude has 0 proven talent in terms of competitive grappling, no wrestling or striking, he literally has no base, dudes like Lesnar and Swagger are NCAA level elites, they have a legit base that translates, who they gon throw at him? im at a loss.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Trick who do you even see them trying to match him up with? Dude has 0 proven talent in terms of competitive grappling, no wrestling or striking, he literally has no base, dudes like Lesnar and Swagger are NCAA level elites, they have a legit base that translates, who they gon throw at him? im at a loss.

The rumour is that he's fighting Mike Jackson, who is a reporter that Mickey Gall beat in his UFC debut. I still think that's too much for him. He looked so bad in there, I would just throw a complete novice (as in, someone who just started training this year) at him or match him against someone who has a horrible record. He is so un-athletic, so uncoordinated and he is so late to the sport. Maybe match him up against another former wrestler as a freak show. CM Punk vs Maven?

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
The rumour is that he's fighting Mike Jackson, who is a reporter that Mickey Gall beat in his UFC debut. I still think that's too much for him. He looked so bad in there, I would just throw a complete novice (as in, someone who just started training this year) at him or match him against someone who has a horrible record. He is so un-athletic, so uncoordinated and he is so late to the sport. Maybe match him up against another former wrestler as a freak show. CM Punk vs Maven?

Maven is athletic though, CM Punks appeal was his psychology and generally competent wrestling, his matches were always engrossing to me, but Maven could move and could probably play another sport, we all know Columbine Punk back in high school was not playin nothing but No Mercy.

Real talk though i respect dude, im not a big fan of him wrestling wise but i always respected who he was, but he should have went the actual MMA route and fought in a lower promotion. Maybe Swagger doesnt have a choice but to go to bellator but i mention him because dude was taking on the likes of Cain Velasquez 13 years ago and doing this shyt

You dont just forget how to do that, let alone be an all american. Punk really should have fought in a lower promotion and get some real fight experience before going to the big stage.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Maven is athletic though, CM Punks appeal was his psychology and generally competent wrestling, his matches were always engrossing to me, but Maven could move and could probably play another sport, we all know Columbine Punk back in high school was not playin nothing but No Mercy.

Real talk though i respect dude, im not a big fan of him wrestling wise but i always respected who he was, but he should have went the actual MMA route and fought in a lower promotion. Maybe Swagger doesnt have a choice but to go to bellator but i mention him because dude was taking on the likes of Cain Velasquez 13 years ago and doing this shyt

You dont just forget how to do that, let alone be an all american. Punk really should have fought in a lower promotion and get some real fight experience before going to the big stage.

Yeah for real, if Punk really wanted to get some experience and some money, he should've fought for Rizin and fought some cans first. Bellator definitely would've thrown some favourable match-ups his way.

I mean, I salute him for getting that bag though. The PPV he fought on had one of the highest buyrates that year, and it wasn't because of Stipe vs Overeem either. Just look at the buys for Stipe's other PPVs.

I'm really interested in how Swagger is going to do. Knowing Bellator though, he might fight once or twice this year and that's it. If you wanna be relevant and make a name for yourself, Bellator probably isn't the place. They do a very bad job of promoting their guys and booking their guys in fights that people want to see. Their best guys just don't fight enough and they rarely push them on social media or on their tv platform.

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Everyone is talking about cans for punk... But I don't think he would do well against average bar guys