UFC 189: Mendes Vs Mcgregor [July 11]

Who wins the title fights?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps

Conor and Dana react

Even after watching that video I still fail to see the point of mentioning aldo has pulled out of 5 title fights. If that's a roundabout way of saying he's Mr glass then why spend all that money promoting this in the 1st place. And an undefeated fighter who hasn't lost in a decade is bound to be champion an injury prone one will have a high probability of pull outs, it's only logical

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Even after watching that video I still fail to see the point of mentioning aldo has pulled out of 5 title fights. If that's a roundabout way of saying he's Mr glass then why spend all that money promoting this in the 1st place. And an undefeated fighter who hasn't lost in a decade is bound to be champion an injury prone one will have a high probability of pull outs, it's only logical

I wasn't going to mention anything about Dana being Dana...but I noticed something for the first time.

I like Conor, I think he's a genuine guy when he speaks. Look at them as they talk. Conor is in his own self and mind. Dana's eyes are shifty as hell and I just don't trust that guy (without actually knowing him)

DougFunnY

Make it a win
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
If you consider only the top 3 guys 'real tests' then yes. Poirier is a great fighter and Conor dusted him in under 2 minutes. Holloway is monster too and Conor swept him on the score cards. He's been tested.

They're all solid fighters, but there's a reason he got a title shot after beating Siver, instead of fighting a top 3-5 guy.

Speaking of Porier I can't wait to see how he does at LW. He looked like a killa in his last fight

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I wasn't going to mention anything about Dana being Dana...but I noticed something for the first time.

I like Conor, I think he's a genuine guy when he speaks. Look at them as they talk. Conor is in his own self and mind. Dana's eyes are shifty as hell and I just don't trust that guy (without actually knowing him)

Conor is quiet its the calm before the storm he can't be talking as reckless this close to fight week. He knows he's cashing a check his ass can't afford and now even more pressure is on him to preform.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps

I get what you mean but all that own self and mind will only get you so far.Shifty Dana types always end up succeeding in life in some fashion. Its one of life's cruel jokes if you will

BeefWellingtonThe2nd

[Generic Custom Title]
Daps
Reppin
Notts, UK
I think it's a bit harsh to mention how many fights he's pulled out of. I can't think of a long time defending champion who hasnt pulled out of atleast a couple of fights. it happens. Besides, he's defended the belt 9 times (if you include WEC) so it's not like he's out for long periods of time.

I do like that they went with Mendes over Edgar though, i think there's a bit more history between the two in this matchup.

I got Mendes winning thought, probably TKO

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

I agree. My friends at work saw it last night and are not super knowledgeable MMA fans and they're trashing Aldo. Even after I explained just how dominant he's been and for how long, they're basically calling him a p*ssy. I mean I don't think it's exactly fair to compare this to Cowboy fighting with the same injury recently. Aldo is a long standing champ that hasn't lost in a decade. I'm a part of Nova Uniao and I'm rooting for Aldo super hard but I was calling him to lose if he fought Conor with bruised rib cartilage.

I do hope they set the rematch soon. Forget taking forever to build hype. Set the date, make it happen as soon as Aldo is ready to go. I'm super bummed but in some ways this could make the fight bigger. A lot of people wanted to see Conor tested with a wrestler first. High risk/high reward for the UFC. If Conor wins, he's an even bigger star and then the Aldo match is going to be insane. Less questions about Conor if he can soundly beat Chad Mendes.

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I think it's effed up they about to introduce a new featherweight champion next weekend all because UFC is bitter :scust: this is wwe like because it's super unprecedented.