Ubuntu OS smartphones tapped for late 2013

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Most important thing is that it won't run on a java virtual machine of sorts like Android does. This will utilize the hardware much better .

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
people forget how little support ubuntu already has on desktop-- whats is a mobile ubuntu app store goin to look like? lol

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
people forget how little support ubuntu already has on desktop-- whats is a mobile ubuntu app store goin to look like? lol

Don't really why people like you have a hatred for a free, open source OS made by a community. Is it because you are too dumb to using UNIX/linux?

This is the equivalent of people back in 2001 saying that wikipedia had too many flaws to bring down Encarta or the hardcover encyclopedias.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
Don't really why people like you have a hatred for a free, open source OS made by a community. Is it because you are too dumb to using UNIX/linux?

This is the equivalent of people back in 2001 saying that wikipedia had too many flaws to bring down Encarta or the hardcover encyclopedias.

i dont hate it-- infact i use it on a netbook-- but for the avg consumer this is goin get ugly. :mindblown:

for techi ninjas like us-- we could make it work..

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i dont hate it-- infact i use it on a netbook-- but for the avg consumer this is goin get ugly. :mindblown:

yup, i could see this workin depending on hardware/price, but they need to keep it one distro not 10 different versions of it

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans

fukk the average consumer friend, I'm trying to eat. Let them starve.

It seems you're going to be able to do dual boot with Android too.

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Full blown linux has no place on a phone, android won't even feel a breeze when/if this ever drops :laff:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

that is not at all a similar comparison... and your tripping. Dude made a solid point, lack of support will affect the adoption rate.

Unless u think most people are developers or something, lol @ too dumb to use linux, lol @ fukk the average consumer:russ:

shut up idiot, it can't be successful without being big and that means the average consumer has to get it.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
that is not at all a similar comparison... and your tripping. Dude made a solid point, lack of support will affect the adoption rate.

Unless u think most people are developers or something, lol @ too dumb to use linux:russ:

shut up idiot.

Most people are too dumb. They buy expensive computers, tablets, and phones to go on facebook, twitter, microsoft word and check emails. They don't actually use their machines for anything worth a damn.

Some of us do.

My life and finances involve using UNIX, programming, developing, etc. I also have Windows 8, two Linux Distros, Android, iOS, and Mac OS running on several devices. My goal is to be able to publish and develop for all of these.

I'll just add you to the dumb ass list and keep moving.