Ubisoft's recent software struggles and stock price hitting a 10 year low (Guillemot family and shareholders seeking sale to Tencent)

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You speaking facts, but gamers still buy and support that greedy shyt. COD, GTA, NBA 2K. Hell even the remasters starting to be too much.

They enjoy them. The only way anyone learns is if sales reflect it. A game might not be for you or me, but if the masses support, it is what it is.

In Ubi's case, they have titles that sell damn near 10 million each iteration....but you not meeting sales expectations? What in the living fukk? What are your sales expectations then? :what:

That's the kind of shyt that has to go. Giving big budgets to games and/or changing what made a game popular from the jump (looking at you WB Games and what you did to the Arkham series) for a quick buck following trends is what kills developers.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
They enjoy them. The only way anyone learns is if sales reflect it. A game might not be for you or me, but if the masses support, it is what it is.

In Ubi's case, they have titles that sell damn near 10 million each iteration....but you not meeting sales expectations? What in the living fukk? What are your sales expectations then? :what:

That's the kind of shyt that has to go. Giving big budgets to games and/or changing what made a game popular from the jump (looking at you WB Games and what you did to the Arkham series) for a quick buck following trends is what kills developers.

You speaking facts, but fuk the masses.

I'm not a gate keeper, but sometimes the masses don't know what a good game really is or know when they're being conned. We can put a lot of blame on the suits and investors, but they will only do what makes profit. If the masses keep buying bad games, that's what will get put out. And they'll keep pushing the line as long as folks keep buying. Example would be NBA 2K and Star Wars Battlefront. NBA 2K is trash because dudes spend $400 on the game every year. Meanwhile EA tried that shyt with Battlefront and the fans didn't go for it.

These companies change up the entire formula of a game to cater to the masses and their dumb ideas instead of the OGs who supported the devs since day 1. The game eventually bleeds to death because the masses moved on and the OGs left when the formula changed.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
People demand long ass, easy ass games.

I'll never forgive the market for demanding that the Arkham series go open world.

Arkham Asylum is one of the GOAT video games, but, people wAnTeD tO dRiVe tHe BaTmObIle.

Can't give a game deep gameplay because the "I got 9 kids and work 15 hours a day" crowd wants game to be pick up and play.
The problem isn't with that crowd. Think about your complaints and consider whether it is caused by people with limited time.

The only thing that flows from it is the difficulty which is easy to cater to without hurting the gameplay.

The real issue is greed. 5.5 million in sales doesn't seem bad but they're expecting to make a killing with just one title. In previous generations, you'd have 3 Star Wars Outlaws. The production cost on the sequals should in theory drop.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Board of Directors needs to investigate themselves

Everyone enjoyed a Far Cry or Ass Creed game at some point, until they drove them into the ground with boring, repetitive and buggy annual releases

Why are these games half price after a month? These games are still selling millions...What are the margins on that?

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps

I'll never forgive the market for demanding that the Arkham series go open world.

Arkham Asylum is one of the GOAT video games, but, people wAnTeD tO dRiVe tHe BaTmObIle.

Can't give a game deep gameplay because the "I got 9 kids and work 15 hours a day" crowd wants game to be pick up and play.
:yeshrug:Arkham never had “deep” gameplay to begin with lol and city. Was a logical progression for the series. Rocksteady was always taking the series open world.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
:yeshrug:Arkham never had “deep” gameplay to begin with lol and city. Was a logical progression for the series. Rocksteady was always taking the series open world.

I was addressing two different issues. Open worlds and "fetch quests."

Yes, I'm glad they atleast tried to flesh out the gameplay in the newer ones.

But, I 100% AA, but, the rest were ridiculous with the little shyt you had to do to even get 50%..

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

While the end result of 2077 turned out to be amazing after several fukking years of revisions, can you imagine if it was a more concise 30-40 story drive. Game? Would most likely be in goat contention as its narrative bits are A1