Ubisoft's recent software struggles and stock price hitting a 10 year low (Guillemot family and shareholders seeking sale to Tencent)

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
Following the sudden delay of Assassin’s Creed Shadows, Ubisoft has seen its share price plummet to its lowest point in over 10 years. Shares are currently hovering around $10.24, and for the sake of comparison, the company saw its record high in July 2018, with shares valued at around $114.

The company’s share price has been declining consistently over the past few years, dropping nearly 89%. The current dip began in late August, when Star Wars Outlaws was released and quickly failed to meet sales expectations. It was expected that the open-world adventure title would reach 7.5 million sales by the end of March 2025, but Ubisoft has now lowered this number to 5.5 million.

It has been announced that Ubisoft’s Executive Committee and Board of Directors will launch an investigation and review of the company.

The news came via a company financial statement and update, which included the delay of Assassin’s Creed Shadows and the announcement that Star Wars Outlaws underperformed.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
The checklist open world games need to stop

How do you have a big ass world but still feel lifeless?

People demand long ass, easy ass games.

I'll never forgive the market for demanding that the Arkham series go open world.

Arkham Asylum is one of the GOAT video games, but, people wAnTeD tO dRiVe tHe BaTmObIle.

Can't give a game deep gameplay because the "I got 9 kids and work 15 hours a day" crowd wants game to be pick up and play.

Tair

Superstar
Daps
They can do open-world games like Farcry, make Assassin's Creed more concentrated but lots of depth (think Cyberpunk - the city had so much depth it felt big but the world size was small), keep making more linear games like Splinter Cell (make them hard games for the more hardcore crowd), and for their multiplayer games, make more iterations of Rainbow Six Siege - these are a mix of COD and Battlefield in the destruction aspect but require tons of strategy, R6 is fun, too.

Ubisoft can turn the ship around.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
People demand long ass, easy ass games.

I'll never forgive the market for demanding that the Arkham series go open world.

Arkham Asylum is one of the GOAT video games, but, people wAnTeD tO dRiVe tHe BaTmObIle.

Can't give a game deep gameplay because the "I got 9 kids and work 15 hours a day" crowd wants game to be pick up and play.

:dahell:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
A lot of the industry is fuked up because people support these greedy dumb ass publishers. nikkas REALLY preorder games like Concord and Skull and Bones. :scusthov::russ:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
A lot of the industry is fuked up because people support these greedy dumb ass publishers. nikkas REALLY preorder games like Concord and Skull and Bones. :scusthov::russ:

The people running these companies are empty suits who don't play games and treat shyt like other businesses. They just go with trends and biting whoever makes money. Focused on the dollar over making a good damn game when the latter will get you the dollars you want.

The unreleastic sales expectations by these goofys is ridiculous.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
The people running these companies are empty suits who don't play games and treat shyt like other businesses. They just go with trends and biting whoever makes money. Focused on the dollar over making a good damn game when the latter will get you the dollars you want.

The unreleastic sales expectations by these goofys is ridiculous.

You speaking facts, but gamers still buy and support that greedy shyt. COD, GTA, NBA 2K. Hell even the remasters starting to be too much.