Ubisoft to focus more on F2P games Cutting back on Single player AAA

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
So basically... they want to make Triple A games that are free 2 play? Not much difference.

Honestly, it's for the best as long as it's balanced. Let the people who wanna spend money spend money, as long as you can still reasonably play the game without micro transactions.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So basically... they want to make Triple A games that are free 2 play? Not much difference.

Honestly, it's for the best as long as it's balanced. Let the people who wanna spend money spend money, as long as you can still reasonably play the game without micro transactions.

Thats not typically how it works out

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Figured. Probably overdone like 2K and the Star Wars games , right?

F2P is basically it’s own genre which locks content behind paywalls. In order for you to progress at a somewhat reasonable rate you have to spend actual money. It started on mobile games and slowly made its way to console after publishers realized how lucrative it is to constantly leach funds from people, especially children

Instead of it giving you more options it restricts options

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
F2P is basically it’s own genre which locks content behind paywalls. In order for you to progress at a somewhat reasonable rate you have to spend actual money. It started on mobile games and slowly made its way to console after publishers realized how lucrative it is to constantly leach funds from people, especially children

Instead of it giving you more options it restricts options
Damn yeah of course

Well this is why need to update our game engines/programing languages/libraries

The way things are now, making a triple A game cost WAY too much, and that just increases the incentive for them to do F2P

Either that, or just be more creative or efficient. I don't know about yall, but when I play FFX on the PS2, I don't miss not having every single background have unique dialogue or voice acting.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Damn yeah of course

Well this is why need to update our game engines/programing languages/libraries

The way things are now, making a triple A game cost WAY too much, and that just increases the incentive for them to do F2P

Either that, or just be more creative or efficient. I don't know about yall, but when I play FFX on the PS2, I don't miss not having every single background have unique dialogue or voice acting.

Thats why I’m cool with paying the premium for new games. I want the bells and whistles

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I been saying for years Ubisoft was dumpster juice. They can't make games worth shyt:trash::trash::trash::manny:

Free 2 Play = Microtransactions out the ass. Dumb gamers gone eat it up too.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps

Balanced?:skip:

It's gone take 20 hours just to upgrade yo player or you can spend $100 and get everything you need :smugfavre:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Figured it would be a no brainer for them to make another Splinter Cell but I guess not. Smh. Splinter Cell Blacklist was fire and graphics still hold up till this day.
Highly underrated it dropped at the tail end of the 360 and ps3 life so it got little to no attention unfortunately. Dragon Age Inquisition dropped right after but benefited from being on the next generation. So should had Splinter Cell

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Highly underrated it dropped at the tail end of the 360 and ps3 life so it got little to no attention unfortunately. Dragon Age Inquisition dropped right after but benefited from being on the next generation. So should had Splinter Cell
I copped Splinter Cell Blacklist on PC back then and till this day when I boot it up that shyt looks current gen to me.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Between rainbow 6, ghost recon, and splinter cell I was a huge Ubi Stan back in the day. Splinter cell is now nonexistent and ghost recon fell all the way the fukk off, but I will tolerate ZERO Siege slander :birdman:

Hopefully they figure this shyt out though cuz one hot game every 10 year average ain't gonna cut it...
Speaking of which whoever is bigging up For Honor needs to cut it the fukk out that shyt is ASS