Uahhh???FANTASTIC FOUR Has Officially Wrapped Filming

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Counter argument..movie doesn't drop till August, why not wait as long as you can to show a pic of Grimm as the thing?
Cuz showing Grimm as the Thing is very basic thing they should show. It's like 1st trailer for a Batman movie, having a bunch of clips of Bruce Wayne, but never showing him in the bat-suit. People see super hero movies for the the hero's powers. Why have a trailer where they're pretty much never showing the their powers?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Cuz showing Grimm as the Thing is very basic thing they should show. It's like 1st trailer for a Batman movie, having a bunch of clips of Bruce Wayne, but never showing him in the bat-suit. People see super hero movies for the the hero's powers. Why have a trailer where they're pretty much never showing the their powers?

I think we're in a discussion now of what we personally feel is more important for the advertisement with the movie. To me, get the tone across first and then go from there and I think that's where they are now. You gotta sell your tone first and when you do finally reveal Thing in all his glory, put it in the next trailer, not some shots in total film or empire

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I think we're in a discussion now of what we personally feel is more important for the advertisement with the movie. To me, get the tone across first and then go from there and I think that's where they are now. You gotta sell your tone first and when you do finally reveal Thing in all his glory, put it in the next trailer, not some shots in total film or empire
Getting the tone right first is what helps sell other genres of movie, but for action and super-hero flicks, it's all about the wow factor first. Outside of fans of the franchise or genre like us, it's explosions, fights, and things of that nature that get people initially interested in flicks like this. For people with no prior knowledge of a super-hero movie, tone is secondary.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Getting the tone right first is what helps sell other genres of movie, but for action and super-hero flicks, it's all about the wow factor first. Outside of fans of the franchise or genre like us, it's explosions, fights, and things of that nature that get people initially interested in flicks like this. For people with no prior knowledge of a super-hero movie, tone is secondary.

I think the tone has to come first for this type of movie since the tone is what's going to separate it from what came before. It'd be different if there weren't two other versions of it..or three if you count Corman:troll:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
90287.jpg

90289.jpg

90290.jpg

Last edited:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
looks ok, but like everything else it's just dull. the cgi in that 3rd pic - i guess that's the negative zone? - looks terrible to me

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the 1st Trailer look good to me

The stills release last month look good to me and this one too

I haven't seen anything bad yet but rumors and the need for secrecy, the movie looking good

exactly...people thought this would be a clusterfukk based off the casting, random details, it being under the radar, the previous ff movies, etc....the final product may still be, but what they've shown so far has been good....which is the opposite of that narrative people thought....so they dont know how to react...

anyway, i'm digging what i've seen so far, cant wait to learn more and see this....

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
STARRING Miles Teller, Kate Mara, Michael B. Jordan, Jamie Bell DIRECTED BY Josh Trank NOT YET RATED RELEASE DATE August 7

Turns out levitating hurts. On this humid day on the Baton Rouge, La., set of Fantastic Four, the psychically gifted Sue Storm (Kate Mara) is about to catch some major air. After a cosmic accident has rendered Sue and her three pals superpowerful (more on that later), the group is quarantined in a secret government facility. For this scene, in which Sue struggles to master her ability to float (she can also turn invisible and project force fields), Mara stands on a crane and makes faces usually reserved for squats or dead lifts. “Move your knees around,” yells director Josh Trank from below. “It’s painful! It’s painful!” In most comic-book adaptations, superpowers are mainly just supercool. In the new Four, they feel more like a disability. “It’s not easy at all,” Mara says. “It’s exhausting.”

Fans of the franchise may be feeling a little fatigued too. Both the 2005 original, Fantastic Four, and the 2007 sequel, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, performed well at the box office, but critics (and moviegoers) pretty much hated them. So Twentieth Century Fox went on the hunt for a fresh vision. Trank had delivered a 2012 sleeper hit for the studio with his found-footage superpowers flick, Chronicle. His immediate take on the Four was how terrifying it would be to have your arms suddenly turn into rubber, or your skin burst into flame. “I just kinda jumped to ‘body horror’ in my head,” he says. “Chronicle is about the evolution and strengthening of unique powers. This movie is really viewing them as a curse.”

In this origin-story reboot, the Four—Reed Richards (Miles Teller), Johnny Storm (Michael B. Jordan), Ben Grimm (Jamie Bell), and Sue (Mara)—are “infected” during an interdimensional-travel experiment. The event turns Reed into the elastic Mr. Fantastic, Johnny into the Human Torch, Ben into the Thing, and Sue into the Invisible Woman. “It’s as if you got into a car accident,” Mara says, “and a part of you is different for the rest of your life.”

Making matters worse, the fifth member of their crew, Victor (Toby Kebbell), has transformed as well, into an updated version of Dr. Doom, and the gang must grapple with their new skills—and the loss of their old selves—while finding a way to defeat him.

Trank describes the tone of the film as a cross between Steven Spielberg and Tim Burton—what he calls “Dark Amblin.” To help him achieve that, the studio paired him with writer-producer Simon Kinberg (X-Men: Days of Future Past). Trank told Kinberg he had two ambitions. First, the film had to feel scary and very real, more like a horror movie than a superhero flick. And second, it ultimately had to be a coming-of-age story. “Part of defining yourself,” Kinberg explains, “is that moment when you go from being dependent to being in control of your destiny.”

Or the destiny of a franchise. Based on footage shown to EW, Trank may have succeeded in rescuing the Four from obscurity. “We have all the ingredients to make something special,” Jordan says. “Now we have to just wait and see how that cake turns out.” Dark and not too sweet.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/0...w?hootPostID=5ca0430ce2755a3ddf5527b8a4da0d98