U.S. Plans New Wave Of Immigrant Deportation Raids

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Actually during the 90s, the Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act was created because INS was overwhelmed by all of the asylum applicants coming from there. That was only for a period of time during the 90-95 but many of them ended up sponsoring their families.
i know what NACARA is. all i know drug violence has increased in those countries over the years and the number of asylees has gone down over the years. it doesn't seem like they're being granted at an appropriate rate given the problem. i admit i don't know how many apply as that data doesn't seem to be public. i do know that mexicans fleeing cartel violence aren't getting any asylum though.

i'm just saying it's not as simple as you make it sound for them to get granted refugee status for central americans (as opposed to any cuban off the street for example) and when your life is at stake i don't think political borders really matter to you and your loved ones.

ManxOfxThexYear

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My muthafukkin self
They'll be back by the following Monday anyways :russ:

giphy.gif

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
i know what NACARA is. all i know drug violence has increased in those countries over the years and the number of asylees has gone down over the years. it doesn't seem like they're being granted at an appropriate rate given the problem. i admit i don't know how many apply as that data doesn't seem to be public. i do know that mexicans fleeing cartel violence aren't getting any asylum though.

i'm just saying it's not as simple as you make it sound for them to get granted refugee status for central americans (as opposed to any cuban off the street for example) and when your life is at stake i don't think political borders really matter to you and your loved ones.
The Cuban Adjustment Act makes it easy for Cubans to get green cards, that's a fact so you're right. However, if you are applying for asylum it's not automatic, of course you'll be pending asylum. As you're waiting for asylum to be processed, you can get a Work Permit. Applying for asylum period is not easy, that's why people just marry citizens or ask their families to sponsor them. Whether you're Central American or African. The thing about both is that you're not eligible for public assistance. It's a double edged sword.

IAmGettingAMailOrderBride

I'm Getting A Mail Order Bride
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
BlackieRobinson
Keep all the women send all the men to Haiti
If they come back send then to another country
Send then to Africa
If they keep coming back out them on a rocket and send them to Mars

- blackierobinson

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Keep all the women send all the men to Haiti
If they come back send then to another country
Send then to Africa
If they keep coming back out them on a rocket and send them to Mars

- blackierobinson
Sounds expensive. Imprison them and have them work for 15 years. They'll be less anxious to come then.

Kobes Two Jerseys

8 or 24 best player of the era
Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
Something to think about....asians are the largest incoming immigrants that touchdown in the US....but you never really here about them getting deported....:jbhmm:....
People also don't realize how many european immigrants are not here legally. "But but, those dirty brown ones make up the most, so lets focus on them only".