U.S. and Cuba in talks to do a swap involving Assata Shakur

Losttribe

[Formerly Blackking]
Daps
I heard a lot of criminals successfully escaped to Brazil or Mexico. IDK.

But Zimbabwe, Angola, North Sudan, Ivory Coast, Mozambique and maybe Ethiopia would be the go to countries in Africa I would escape to.

Also why didn't she change her name?
Definitely not fukking sell out Ethiopia.

Yes to the rest

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

Yes to the rest

Nah, none of those countries would work. Especially Ethiopia. :russ:

And I doubt Mugabe wants to draw any more heat in his direction. Then again, he's harboring a real live former dictator that slaughtered thousands of people in Mengistu Haile Mariam so taking a woman that's been wrongfully accused shouldn't be beyond his moral compass. Most African countries are in the pocket of the West. Only place I can think of that's not as far is maybe Ecuador. They were going to give Snowden and Assange asylum before Uncle Sam cock-blocked so maybe they'd do the same for Assata. Of course, they too could also be :mjpls:.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

And I doubt Mugabe wants to draw any more heat in his direction. Then again, he's harboring a real live former dictator that slaughtered thousands of people in Mengistu Haile Mariam so taking a woman that's been wrongfully accused shouldn't be beyond his moral compass. Most African countries are in the pocket of the West. Only place I can think of that's not as far is maybe Ecuador. They were going to give Snowden and Assange asylum before Uncle Sam cock-blocked so maybe they'd do the same for Assata. Of course, they too could also be :mjpls:.

African countries are rather LARGE. That's IF they find out that she entered one of the countries. The thing about her in Cuba is that not only is Cuba a tiny ass country, but the USA government KNEW she went to Cuba and KNOWS that shes still there and KNOWS which city shes in. I me she for some reason let people take pictures of her there too, which makes things worse.

But if she escapes to an Africa country without anyone knowing(and change her name), I doubt the USA government or African government would find her that easily. Sure if they find that shes in an African country like the Democratic Republic of Congo, that's nice, but the DRC is a big ass country with poor infrastructure and a large rural area. She could not only blend in, but hide literally ANYWHERE. Just using the DRC as an example.

Also Frank Matthews whether people think he's dead or alive, he was smart with his escape without letting the USA government know where he's escaping to. We still don't know about his whereabouts. He could be dead, but fact is we don't KNOW where he escaped to. If she escapes Cuba, she has to not let anyone find out or its over.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets

Mengistu is still alive?

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)

Yes to the rest

Why are Ethiopia sell outs.
:lupe:
I've heard other brothers & sisters make similar comments but I never pressed as to why.

@KidStranglehold can you break this down for me? Or maybe make an Ethiopian history thread to break it down if you don't mind? Every Rasta breh/brehettes I asked about this hit the
:whoa::whoa::whoa:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Why are Ethiopia sell outs.
:lupe:
I've heard other brothers & sisters make similar comments but I never pressed as to why.

@KidStranglehold can you break this down for me? Or maybe make an Ethiopian history thread to break it down if you don't mind? Every Rasta breh/brehettes I asked about this hit the
:whoa::whoa::whoa:

I'm clueless.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Countries with no extradition treaty with US

i wouldn't trust a lot of those countries if the US decides it wants to throw around money though. also some are still allies/trade partners that would probably extradite even without a treaty.

This.... She's been good for 35 plus years, so apparently she's made the right decision.... but since this is Raul who is in charge now, and not Fidel himself, aint no telling what can really happened to Cuba going forward....

Last edited: